PO SOON : Sleep - The Sciences

So TMR wasn't planning on announcing the full on release details at midnight - they were just allowing participating record stores to advertise their stock come midnight and so far that has only been for the extra special extra limited edition. That's annoying as fuck and from the looks of it, the split green black is going to be roughly four times the cost of any regular TMR 2×LP. At least that's what I'm surmising based on All That Is Heavy's listing which is $80 for just the regular green /10'000. 

Needless to say I don't know which way is up on this and have no good reason to know because the label putting this out didn't want to give us the comprehensive info on this highly anticipated album that had less than one day of notice to the world that it even existed. I'm not entertained by the egregiously high level of uncertainty of this thing in the slightest. I just want a basic copy of the album with the music for a reasonable price. Not a special color. Not a limited cover variant. Just the album.

6 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

That's annoying as fuck and from the looks of it, the split green black is going to be roughly four times the cost of any regular TMR 2×LP. At least that's what I'm surmising based on All That Is Heavy's listing which is $80 for just the regular green /10'000. 

For what it's worth, I saw this link on Reddit earlier and it's $30 for the standard, but I did also see an Instagram post advertising the /1000 as $50 a pop.

14 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

For what it's worth, I saw this link on Reddit earlier and it's $30 for the standard, but I did also see an Instagram post advertising the /1000 as $50 a pop.

I work at Reckless in Chicago, we'll have the /1000 press for $50. No holds, one per, all that good limited edition stuff.

Edited by Doomguy13

35 minutes ago, Doomguy13 said:

I work at Reckless in Chicago, we'll have the /1000 press for $50. No holds, one per, all that good limited edition stuff.

Man, the MSRP of $50 from TMR has kinda killed my excitement about this. I guess I'll just go standard later down the line. I can't rationalize dropping $50 on a retail double LP at all, much less right before the first RSD I've ever wanted more than like one thing from.

33 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

No copies of the /10,000 on green?

As far as I know, we did not even have our shipment yet when I left work tonight (Thursday).

To my knowledge, we should (hopefully) have the /1000 for 4/20, maybe the /10,000 and a CD sometime next week, but there's a slight chance our shipment maaaay show up late. Pretty sure it won't but I'm not the new buyer, so grain of salt.

27 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Man, the MSRP of $50 from TMR has kinda killed my excitement about this. I guess I'll just go standard later down the line. I can't rationalize dropping $50 on a retail double LP at all, much less right before the first RSD I've ever wanted more than like one thing from.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about that too.

38 minutes ago, Doomguy13 said:

To my knowledge, we should (hopefully) have the /1000 for 4/20, maybe the /10,000 and a CD sometime next week...

So, you get the /1,000 before the /10,000? How's that? And is that for all stores that are getting the /1,000?

Just trying to figure out if my local store is getting the /1,000 or the /10,000...

Thx!

So, for what I saw mostly on IG, it seems like the selected stores which carry the green/black /1000 version are all in US and UK. 

Only a few of these stores put some copies online, I managed to snag one from Norman uk and also Relevant uk had a few for sale but they’re all sold out now. 

As previously said, the prices for this one are around $/£50 everywhere. 

5 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

So TMR wasn't planning on announcing the full on release details at midnight - they were just allowing participating record stores to advertise their stock come midnight and so far that has only been for the extra special extra limited edition. That's annoying as fuck and from the looks of it, the split green black is going to be roughly four times the cost of any regular TMR 2×LP. At least that's what I'm surmising based on All That Is Heavy's listing which is $80 for just the regular green /10'000. 

Needless to say I don't know which way is up on this and have no good reason to know because the label putting this out didn't want to give us the comprehensive info on this highly anticipated album that had less than one day of notice to the world that it even existed. I'm not entertained by the egregiously high level of uncertainty of this thing in the slightest. I just want a basic copy of the album with the music for a reasonable price. Not a special color. Not a limited cover variant. Just the album.

Do you like brand new as well?

the entitlement is raging inside you

13 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Guys we are getting a new sleep record. I could personally care less which color/variant i get. 

Btw i got about half way through on spotify on my way to work and it is pretty pretty good...

Agree, i'm not going mad to buy the limited version, i'm just trying to see if it's available on the net. The record is great and i will be ok with the standard version too...