PO SOON : Sleep - The Sciences

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Now is the time to do it. Later, when the black records start flooding in, you will have less of a chance to score a green. I would bet the ones at your store are green.

Guess I’ll find out!  Will post here when I know for sure. 

EDIT:  Confirmed, they’re green. 

Edited by KnifeStreet

a lot of shops in the LA area are claiming the green is now out of print and that any incoming restocks will be black, since that’s all they can order now.

they are also claiming that TMR shorted a lot of shops significantly on the amount they ordered and are now SOL on ordering more of the greens (pun intended)

14 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Man, I'm still trying to get my hands on a green copy. Not trying to pay inflated prices and my local keeps selling out immediately. 

You can try contacting Reckless Records in Chicago. They removed it from their website but it may be worth calling them to see if they have any more in store that they could maybe ship you. They were charging $27.99 for it. Other than that keep a close eye on discogs as stores have been randomly putting them up there for $30ish the past few days but they disappear within minutes.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:39 PM, fish said:

You can try contacting Reckless Records in Chicago. They removed it from their website but it may be worth calling them to see if they have any more in store that they could maybe ship you. They were charging $27.99 for it. Other than that keep a close eye on discogs as stores have been randomly putting them up there for $30ish the past few days but they disappear within minutes.

We (Reckless) sold out of those green copies so quick, I think in two or three days. We were also told the green is out of print completely now, and that all future restocks are gonna be on black vinyl.

If it helps anyone out, since I know some people were asking about it, I think only one or two of our green copies had a sticker saying it was a limited edition. The rest didn't.

4 hours ago, Doomguy13 said:

We (Reckless) sold out of those green copies so quick, I think in two or three days. We were also told the green is out of print completely now, and that all future restocks are gonna be on black vinyl.

If it helps anyone out, since I know some people were asking about it, I think only one or two of our green copies had a sticker saying it was a limited edition. The rest didn't.

fuuuuuck 

I'll probably just settle on the black eventually but I'm not going to give up just yet. 

Where the hell are all of these supposed 10,000 green records? I just keep thinking about the last Radiohead on white that was limited to 9,000 and you later saw them everywhere and still do. The pressing number must be incorrect on these or some flippers have boxes and boxes of them in their storage space. Good luck, everyone.

If anyone in the UK needs green copy, HMV seems to have a huge allotment as they're apparently a special merchant for it. Banquet's site even calls the green version "Indies and HMV exclusive"

https://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/the-sciences

I suppose you could use a forwarding service if you're not UK-based and want to preorder through them, but with secondary market prices being around $60 the price may wind up being similar.

4 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Where the hell are all of these supposed 10,000 green records? I just keep thinking about the last Radiohead on white that was limited to 9,000 and you later saw them everywhere and still do. The pressing number must be incorrect on these or some flippers have boxes and boxes of them in their storage space. Good luck, everyone.

10,000 is what the distributors were originally told. Something clearly changed along the way. This entire thing has been a clusterfuck.

30 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

10,000 is what the distributors were originally told. Something clearly changed along the way. This entire thing has been a clusterfuck.

To explore this a bit, looking at the cataloguing of this on discogs. About 20-25% of the split are accounted for.  The Green is sitting around 7% accounted for (if 10k). Of course, we don't expect everyone who purchased to catalog, but it still seems like enough of a discrepancy to suggest either:

A - Not 10k

B - Shit's lost, yo

C - Hoarding

D - Jack is having some fun with us

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

28 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

if anyone has a copy of "Introducing" by Foxy Shazam laying around, ill trade my sealed green copy for it...just putting that out there. but if you paid a high after market for it, then I understand its not a good trade..

That Foxy splatter is one of the noisiest records I own.