PO SOON : Sleep - The Sciences

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ah fuck. Finally got around to listening to this and now I want a green copy. I fucked up. Oh well.

I was actually holding a copy in a shop and put it back, then went home and listened before realizing I fucked up. But by a stroke of dumb luck the next day my girl randomly showed up with a copy.

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

11,000...so that's the 10,000 green and 1,000  splits. Unless they're counting the orders for the black? Digital sales? Is it like "Well, all of them have been ordered from the distributor so that means they all sold"?

I would have to think this as well. Shipped = sold?

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

11,000...so that's the 10,000 green and 1,000  splits. Unless they're counting the orders for the black? Digital sales? Is it like "Well, all of them have been ordered from the distributor so that means they all sold"?

I believe for a long time the model has been "# ordered by distributors = number sold and counted by Billboard." I think that is still the model.

43 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I believe for a long time the model has been "# ordered by distributors = number sold and counted by Billboard." I think that is still the model.

Yeah, I figured. But I know that their singles chart now incorporates streaming numbers too. Wasnt sure if maybe they were including digital sales.

50 minutes ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Did you have somebody get it for you or were you able to track one down. I’m holding out for one but think I may just settle for black. Any tips on how to get one for retail would be appreciated. 

Lucked out and a board member had an extra (shout out to the Taco King). I'd say keep checking discogs and hopefully soon some people get sick of waiting for their marked up copies to sell and the prices go back down.

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, I figured. But I know that their singles chart now incorporates streaming numbers too. Wasnt sure if maybe they were including digital sales.

Lucked out and a board member had an extra (shout out to the Taco King). I'd say keep checking discogs and hopefully soon some people get sick of waiting for their marked up copies to sell and the prices go back down.

Thanks for the reply. I’m scanning Discogs a few times a day but haven’t found anything at retail yet. 

Man, if any board members want to do another member a solid and hook me up, I’d really appreciate it. Obviously I have no problem paying for your time, shipping, etc. 

19 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm willing to bet that the digital sales are in fact included also.

47 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

No way do they get such a clean number like 11,000 using digital sales.

I'm sure its a number rounded down to the most accurate clean and even milestone number. I doubt any of the numbers reported for any records sales are every precisely the actual number i.e. 11,376 or 24,894, etc.

EDIT: Also, this: https://www.billboard.com/biz/billboard-charts-legend

Scroll down to Award Certification Levels >Albums chart

1 hour ago, MicLima said:

Bunch of black just hit discogs for $24.99 if anyone is interested.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/11893131?ev=rb

Poor bastards. They won't be able to give those away while collector's still believe greens are floating around.

Edited by mcpherson123

I just picked up the last copy my LRS had on the shelf... didn't have a sticker, but it ended up being the green variant.

The owner of the shop was telling me they had green copies, but all they can order now are black.

Not sure if the other green copies he sold had a sticker or if he knew this one was green... maybe he just didn't want to ruin the surprise.

34 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm sure its a number rounded down to the most accurate clean and even milestone number. I doubt any of the numbers reported for any records sales are every precisely the actual number i.e. 11,376 or 24,894, etc.

That makes a lot of sense but I wonder why they do that I'm sure there's a more accurate number than the nearest thousand.