ONLINE Record Store Day 2018 - deals, on-sale times, wants lists OK

I post about this every year, but my local store in Cleveland is called My Mind's Eye. They don't do online orders but the owner, Charles, will take orders over the phone. They're incredibly fair priced (their RSD prices are usually a buck or two lower than any other store you see online), and  they still have a decent amount of RSD stock left as of a few hours ago. Here's what I saw when I was there (there was more, too, but here's what I can recall):

Air

Bobby Bare

Courtney Barnett

Jeff Beck

Jeff Buckley

Cam'ron

The Casket Lottery

Ornette Coleman

Compton's Most Wanted

The Cure

Mac DeMarco

Dr. Octagon

Duran Duran

First Aid Kit

Fleet Foxes

Florence + The Machine

John Fogerty

Gloria Gaynor

Hawkwind

J Dilla

Kenny Loggins

Madonna

Mastodon

Moody Blues

Motorhead

Bill Murray

Pagans

Prince

Rob Base

Sock-Tight

Spongebob

Star Wars

Sun Ra

Superchunk

Swans

Tad

George Thorogood

Too Short

Touche Amore

Twin Peaks

The Vapors

Whitesnake

Wipers

V/A - Jazz Dispensary

V/A - Planet Terror

V/A - Recutting The Crap

They're just about closed today but are open from 12-9 Monday through Saturday. You can call them at 216-521-6660.

4 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Numero Group released their Savage Young Du boxset on "Skittles" colored vinyl limited to 100 yesterday at their pop up shop in Chicago. I was able to snag one, but if anyone's interested, they released their remaining stock online. It was $80 at the pop up and their selling it for $100 online...  https://twitter.com/numerogroup/status/988123355365683203

Argh. I thought I was done spending money and then this shows up. And while checking out, it had the Unwound - No Energy 3LP set for $25, so I grabbed that too. My impulse control sucks, but my record library is better for it. 

Edited by tackman

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Fine. I'll drop money on this, the Eccentric Soul's I wanted and now the Technicolor Paradise release which sounds awesome. I should have gone to the pop up to save on shipping (and maybe tax?) and to have Technicolor early, but I wanted a nap after getting up at 4a.

No tax. It was $80 flat at the pop up shop yesterday. Shocked it didn't sell out quick. By the time it was opened, there were maybe 20 people in line. First guy and his wife got there at 6:30 in the morning. My buddy and I were second and third in line and got there around 8:45ish. 

1 hour ago, ryanthellama said:

Does anyone know of some UK sites selling before the 28th? Trying to get my hands on that Wolf Alice.

Flippers only. If a store puts its RSD stuff up early, it probably won't be getting involved in RSD next year.

https://www.facebook.com/lovemusicscotland/posts/607023496040346

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11164474.Rock_Legend_Paul_Weller_s_wife_accuses_East_Lancs_man_of_selling_limited_edition_release_on_eBay/

2 hours ago, scottheisel said:

I post about this every year, but my local store in Cleveland is called My Mind's Eye. They don't do online orders but the owner, Charles, will take orders over the phone. They're incredibly fair priced (their RSD prices are usually a buck or two lower than any other store you see online), and  they still have a decent amount of RSD stock left as of a few hours ago. Here's what I saw when I was there (there was more, too, but here's what I can recall):

Air

Bobby Bare

Courtney Barnett

Jeff Beck

Jeff Buckley

Cam'ron

The Casket Lottery

Ornette Coleman

Compton's Most Wanted

The Cure

Mac DeMarco

Dr. Octagon

Duran Duran

First Aid Kit

Fleet Foxes

Florence + The Machine

John Fogerty

Gloria Gaynor

Hawkwind

J Dilla

Kenny Loggins

Madonna

Mastodon

Moody Blues

Motorhead

Bill Murray

Pagans

Prince

Rob Base

Sock-Tight

Spongebob

Star Wars

Sun Ra

Superchunk

Swans

Tad

George Thorogood

Too Short

Touche Amore

Twin Peaks

The Vapors

Whitesnake

Wipers

V/A - Jazz Dispensary

V/A - Planet Terror

V/A - Recutting The Crap

They're just about closed today but are open from 12-9 Monday through Saturday. You can call them at 216-521-6660.

Same store that gouged me for $25 on a Gerard Way 7" a few years ago.  Drove an hour to get there and then gouged me because it was for my daughter and she was with me.  Haven't stepped foot in that store since.

2 hours ago, riotgirl787 said:

That was such a frustrating experience. Added The National the second it went on sale, and then my cart page kept timing out until it said it was sold out

Yep.  Same here. 

And when I finally made it to checkout, I had to register as a new user and fill out the form only to be told "Customer Could Not Be Created."    Lame!  I wanted to give them my money.  NOPE.

32 minutes ago, Oldmusicbidnessguy said:

Same store that gouged me for $25 on a Gerard Way 7" a few years ago.  Drove an hour to get there and then gouged me because it was for my daughter and she was with me.  Haven't stepped foot in that store since.

There is no way your story is true, at least how you tell it. I’ve been shopping at MME for nearly 15 years, as does the bulk of my social circle, and I have never, ever heard anything even remotely like this about the store.

37 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

There is no way your story is true, at least how you tell it. I’ve been shopping at MME for nearly 15 years, as does the bulk of my social circle, and I have never, ever heard anything even remotely like this about the store.

Seriously - I went there 2 times in 2 days when I visited Cleveland a few years back. Those guys were the coolest dudes. I scored so much free stuff just because I was visiting from another state and I bought some stuff those dudes were totally into. 

5 minutes ago, wesisthebastard said:

Seriously - I went there 2 times in 2 days when I visited Cleveland a few years back. Those guys were the coolest dudes. I scored so much free stuff just because I was visiting from another state and I bought some stuff those dudes were totally into. 

Been a few times to my mind eyes when I had someone who worked for me based out of Cleveland. 

Dudes were so solid,  giving recommendations to OTHER stores in area and gave me a free t shirt for visting.

No way they gouged you

On 4/21/2018 at 12:44 AM, sogross said:

Haven't others had problems with this seller 'Marvelio' in the past?  Just curious as it seems like a good deal.

I've been lucky 5 or 6 regular stock releases or overbought, nothing 'brand new', Marvelio has great prices and great service. 95 more orders and I guess odds are 3 will be shite.

4 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

Mm I didn't know UK shops weren't allowed to sell online until a week after. Thanks for the info!