ONLINE Record Store Day 2018 - deals, on-sale times, wants lists OK

54 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

If anyone has any leads on the Spectrum reissue, let me know via PM. My order from 1234 was cancelled :( v

If my order for compton's most wanted gets cancelled I'm gonna be salty. I saw it at a store earlier today but I already placed the order Sunday morning for it on their website so I figured I didn't need it. 

5 minutes ago, pizza face said:

If my order for compton's most wanted gets cancelled I'm gonna be salty. I saw it at a store earlier today but I already placed the order Sunday morning for it on their website so I figured I didn't need it. 

Just in case...

http://www.ziarecords.com/p/6746985/comptons-most-wanted-music-to-driveby-rsd-2018-exclusive

5 minutes ago, Ranch Cat said:

Sold once you posted that haha. It's all good. I've found it on multiple websites but I placed the order with 1234go because it was the first one I found. I'm glad I didn't buy it earlier from this other shop because the owner is an asshole, his reputation holds strong on yelp/Facebook too. 

I'm curious as to how the Cam'ron album sounds though. I have an original and it sounds like poop. I almost wanna get it but I haven't heard anything about it yet. 

1 hour ago, pizza face said:

I'm curious as to how the Cam'ron album sounds though. I have an original and it sounds like poop. I almost wanna get it but I haven't heard anything about it yet. 

I thought I was done with RSD 2018 but I'm starting to think I need Purple Haze on vinyl in my life also. I might phone around some time this week see if local stores got any copies left.

Edited by armadillo01

13 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Looking for the RSD Courteeners "St. Jude" on red vinyl, if someone sees it across the pond.

Had a friend looking out for it, and it was gone when he got there. :(

There are a lot on Discogs, cheapest is $49 shipped to the US, retail price in UK (that I paid)was £28 which would be around $39.

Edited by AldoTVAOF

1 hour ago, AldoTVAOF said:

There are a lot on Discogs, cheapest is $49 shipped to the US, retail price in UK (that I paid)was £28 which would be around $39.

Thanks for the info! :)

$49 is not too bad. I hope they stay at that price for a few weeks as I need to recover from all of the USA RSD purchases I made already... :P

On 4/22/2018 at 6:36 PM, scottheisel said:

I post about this every year, but my local store in Cleveland is called My Mind's Eye. They don't do online orders but the owner, Charles, will take orders over the phone. They're incredibly fair priced (their RSD prices are usually a buck or two lower than any other store you see online), and  they still have a decent amount of RSD stock left as of a few hours ago. Here's what I saw when I was there (there was more, too, but here's what I can recall):

Air

Bobby Bare

Courtney Barnett

Jeff Beck

Jeff Buckley

Cam'ron

The Casket Lottery

Ornette Coleman

Compton's Most Wanted

The Cure

Mac DeMarco

Dr. Octagon

Duran Duran

First Aid Kit

Fleet Foxes

Florence + The Machine

John Fogerty

Gloria Gaynor

Hawkwind

J Dilla

Kenny Loggins

Madonna

Mastodon

Moody Blues

Motorhead

Bill Murray

Pagans

Prince

Rob Base

Sock-Tight

Spongebob

Star Wars

Sun Ra

Superchunk

Swans

Tad

George Thorogood

Too Short

Touche Amore

Twin Peaks

The Vapors

Whitesnake

Wipers

V/A - Jazz Dispensary

V/A - Planet Terror

V/A - Recutting The Crap

They're just about closed today but are open from 12-9 Monday through Saturday. You can call them at 216-521-6660.

Bumping this to a new page. Call this store if you're still looking for stuff!

Can any UK people tell me what the Suede LP was priced at in shops? I’ve been eyeing some online listings and wonder if that’s the best I’ll get or if I should wait until this weekend and hope the “real” shops have leftover copies. Can’t tell how much the flippers have marked it up without knowing retail prices...

Thanks!

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

Can any UK people tell me what the Suede LP was priced at in shops? I’ve been eyeing some online listings and wonder if that’s the best I’ll get or if I should wait until this weekend and hope the “real” shops have leftover copies. Can’t tell how much the flippers have marked it up without knowing retail prices...

Thanks!

I paid £27.99 in store

I have looked everywhere for the Sonic's Renezvous Band 78' LP that appeared to be a UK release. Have literally seen one listed on ebay and thats it. If anyone sees one at their local store, I will cover trouble/time/cost to snag it for me. Only one i found below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SONICS-RENDEZVOUS-BAND-RSD-2018/282937383383?hash=item41e061d9d7:g:4hsAAOSwN-la3Ep6282937383383?hash=item41e061d9d7:g:4hsAA

Edited by GoBlue325

17 hours ago, bloodtypex said:

Looking for Jamie Stewart “An Aggressive, Chain Smoking Alcoholic” that was a UK release. 

1 hour ago, GoBlue325 said:

I have looked everywhere for the Sonic's Renezvous Band 78' LP that appeared to be a UK release. Have literally seen one listed on ebay and thats it. If anyone sees one at their local store, I will cover trouble/time/cost to snag it for me. Only one i found below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SONICS-RENDEZVOUS-BAND-RSD-2018/282937383383?hash=item41e061d9d7:g:4hsAAOSwN-la3Ep6282937383383?hash=item41e061d9d7:g:4hsAA

These look like they are still in stock at multiple UK stores. This gets repeated every year multiple times, but I guess every year there are new members. UK online sales do not go up until 0000 local time on the Saturday after RSD. I believe that to be 1900 EST. Sites like Rough Trade and Banquet pretty much cease functioning in the bunfight. Norman Records are not participating in RSD  again this year (and probably never will again as they are a warehouse where you can pick stuff up if you are local rather than a proper store. This is a shame as their customer service is great). Other places like Piccadilly, Crash and Resident have all been used by US residents here. I don't know when my best local store (Monorail) put theirs up.

@GoBlue325, there is a chance I can get the Sonic's Rendezvous Band record tomorrow (no promises). If you want me to get it so you can avoid the scrum on Friday evening (your time), I can do that, but please remember that shipping will be somewhere between $17 and $20 (I cannot compete with actual stores who may be in a position to charge less) and if you change your mind, that will be reflected in your trader feedback and posted here. In the days when there was something worth queuing for on RSD, I would buy for US folk and would get stiffed by at least one person each year.

5 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Thanks!

Yeah, I got mine from Rough Trade and it seems to be pretty fair for US. And I didn't know who many they had, so I had to scoop that up. 

2 hours ago, jrodan said:

so reckless records fucked me over and cancelled Car Seat Headrest, Mac Demarco and Quicksand? anyone got any leads for all three?

they didn't fuck you over, they pretty clearly state on their website that they can't guarantee everything you order will be available since they're pulling the items out of the physical store which could have been purchased in the meantime since you ordered. best to not try ordering limited items like RSD stuff from them in the future.

Just now, Andrew_VB said:

they didn't fuck you over, they pretty clearly state on their website that they can't guarantee everything you order will be available since they're pulling the items out of the physical store which could have been purchased in the meantime since you ordered. best to not try ordering limited items like RSD stuff from them in the future.

who do YOU think YOU are? get out of here with your logic! :)