PO: Anthony Green- Avalon

1 hour ago, V3XED said:

Trans orange over here. I actually prefer it. I have one or two other "gold" records and I think they look kinda lame. 

As far as the orange/gold thing goes, I like or dislike it depending on the cover art most of the time. I don't have anything against the trans orange colorway, but for this album that opaque gold would have matched really well. My Mars Volta record on gold matches the cover, so I dig that. My copy of The End of the Ring Wars trans orange matches the cover pretty well, and that too looks great.

I mean, in the long run it doesn't matter, it's the music I'm after, but I thought the mock-up looked perfect.

Got my "gold"---pressing sounds great. Shipping was pretty lackluster but managed only one crease to the spine and the like psuedo glossy jacket is definitely not as nice as the first pressing but I'm happy I have this one after selling that earlier press a few years back.  

I don't really listen to AG/Circa anymore but this record is a lovely nostalgia trip 

8 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Got my "gold"---pressing sounds great. Shipping was pretty lackluster but managed only one crease to the spine and the like psuedo glossy jacket is definitely not as nice as the first pressing but I'm happy I have this one after selling that earlier press a few years back.  

I don't really listen to AG/Circa anymore but this record is a lovely nostalgia trip 

You should check out AG’s latest solo release. Definitely his best since Avalon (maybe better). Also - new Circa was great - did you give it a chance?

12 hours ago, Multiverse said:

My blue is fucked. How hard it is to use cardboard inserts?

lOA8cVl.jpg?1

G2WdI8Z.jpg

Looks like it was run over. Some how the record plays with minimal warps.

Edited by Thomas³

14 hours ago, ejc625 said:

You should check out AG’s latest solo release. Definitely his best since Avalon (maybe better). Also - new Circa was great - did you give it a chance?

I don't really listen to their older stuff either, just a general sound that hasn't appealed to me as of late.  I didn't give any new stuff a chance and don't really intend to. 

The last Circa I listened to was Violent Waves which I didn't dig at all and the last AG solo was Beautiful Things which I felt similarly about.  I was surprised by how amiable a listen Avalon was after several years of not hearing it to be honest. 

11 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

My blue is fucked. How hard it is to use cardboard inserts?

lOA8cVl.jpg?1

G2WdI8Z.jpg

Looks like it was run over. Some how the record plays with minimal warps.

also this was brutal, I hope a replacement comes through for you 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...