Elusive Sound is very proud to announce its first double vinyl release:

Silent Whale Becomes A Dream - Requiem

The critically acclaimed conceptional album of the France-based band was released on digital format in late 2017 and will now see a full media release on Elusive Sound.

Today, we present you one of the variants that will be on pre-order from May 11, 2018, 8PM CEST (Zurich) with a release on June 1, 2018.
It features a special base color configuration on clear and milky vinyl, with splatter in various colors. Of course on 180 - 200g vinyl and kept in a heavy gatefold sleeve.

Check back tomorrow for another grand reveal!

31445103_1999687340042095_89937423791732

Full media release means vinyl as well as CD.  33rpm. 

EDIT:   Here is the limited variants (!)

Finally, we are happy to present Requiem by Silent Whale Becomes A Dream in the prime variant:
Featuring a 100% Swiss made bookcase-style sleeve of the highest quality, made of buckram and carton with hot foil lettering and numbering. With a limitation of only 50 units, it is the most limited variant available.

The bookcase-style sleeve is the result of months of conception, testing and careful execution. The heavyweight product houses the gatefold sleeve and LPs and displays the albums cover and title.

There will be 50 additional LPs available without the bookcase sleeve and slightly alternate vinyl color configuration (see images for details).

These editions feature a vinyl color combination of special Aside-Bside vinyl with splatter, with a weight of 180-200g while being housed in a heavyweight gatefold sleeve.

31505777_2000776413266521_27649022950648

31490550_2000776463266516_79792064173556

Edited by Gumbo72203

55 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

In for a group buy, Gumby. 

21 minutes ago, JRHews said:

^^^

Damnit, okay haha.  I have the Spurv group buy going on which has stalled because one guy still hasn't sent me the money yet, but I suppose we can do this!  I have to talk more with Phil tomorrow because the PO goes live while I'll be at Dunk, and those guys won't be there unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I never did check this album out but I feel like I should.  Would love to see Elusive focus on getting that new Trna pressed, too.

New TRNA is happening eventually.  They have a ton of stuff backlogged in the pipelines to release.  It'll come.  Did you see the new BLAK variant?  May be the prettiest thing they've ever come up with. 

But regarding this Silent Whale album.....  dude.  Just, dude.  I will say, it took me a solid 4-5 listens before I really understood it.  There's a LOT happening, and the songs are deep.  But I'll tell you, "Lacrymosa Dies Illa" is one fucking epic tune.  The album requires a lot of patience, because the builds are slow.  But I'd say this album easily wipes the floor with Canopy in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, JRHews said:

If it's a small press number and it looks like they are going to go quick I'll prob end up just getting it myself. Will see in time. 

They always do 2 variants, this variant is the least-limited.  The other variant I think drops tomorrow, press-wise. 

But if you guys let me know, I am able to arrange everything for us, so it is not a worry. 

Hey guys, updated the OG thread with the full release info. 

So, the bookcase version is heavy.  It seems it will be about 26euros to ship.  I've been corralled into doing another group buy, but it goes live when I will be at Dunk so you have a week to tell me if you want in, because I need to arrange it before everything goes live.  I leave a week from Tuesday.  It all needs to be arranged by a week from tomorrow (Monday 5/7).

Send me a PM with what variants you want.  I will update this with prices when the label gets back to me. 

USA residents - A Thousand Arms WILL be getting copies of the clear, least-limited variant. 

58 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Hey guys, updated the OG thread with the full release info. 

So, the bookcase version is heavy.  It seems it will be about 26euros to ship.  I've been corralled into doing another group buy, but it goes live when I will be at Dunk so you have a week to tell me if you want in, because I need to arrange it before everything goes live.  I leave a week from Tuesday.  It all needs to be arranged by a week from tomorrow (Monday 5/7).

Send me a PM with what variants you want.  I will update this with prices when the label gets back to me. 

USA residents - A Thousand Arms WILL be getting copies of the clear, least-limited variant. 

You know I want in. Plus the BLAK LP if possible. Thanks 

Ordering was right sketchy at first, system overwhelmed and wouldn't allow checkout -- but now working fine and it looks like of the big book /50 still says 4 left (showing that way for 30 minutes) and /50 without the heavy book, just 2 left. A1KA got the /150 for $30 for US peeps.

edit:  spelling autocorrect and now both sold out

Edited by drds89

5 hours ago, drds89 said:

Just an FYI the /50 sleeve edition was $59ppd and /50 Book version was $115 + shipping, thinking close to $150ppd

Thanks. Yeah, they're not cheap. I was expecting around that much since I did the Blak group-buy and that came out to around $50. All things considered, $59 actually doesn't feel too bad for a 2xlp set.

20 hours ago, drds89 said:

Just an FYI the /50 sleeve edition was $59ppd and /50 Book version was $115 + shipping, thinking close to $150ppd

14 hours ago, ghost said:

Thanks. Yeah, they're not cheap. I was expecting around that much since I did the Blak group-buy and that came out to around $50. All things considered, $59 actually doesn't feel too bad for a 2xlp set.

Yeah....  this one will hurt the wallet, but this release is special so I went in.  I pray they don't release Ravena for a good 6-8 months haha.  I knew they would sell out instantly, though.  Everything they do now gets grabbed up so fast.  

Don did you go bookcase?

17 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah....  this one will hurt the wallet, but this release is special so I went in.  I pray they don't release Ravena for a good 6-8 months haha.  I knew they would sell out instantly, though.  Everything they do now gets grabbed up so fast.  

Don did you go bookcase?

I went sleeve - I agree with you the album has a lot going on more than few listens can appreciate. It gives me a Mono intense feel during the peak of their neoclassical run. I'm not sure it's going to overtake Canopy though.

23 hours ago, KyleHussaLietz said:

Damn. This label makes great vinyl.

It's like a drug, really.  Incredible stuff.  Blankenberge is up next, and then Ravena's masterpiece "Laocoon" after that sometime towards the end of the year I believe. 

23 hours ago, drds89 said:

I went sleeve - I agree with you the album has a lot going on more than few listens can appreciate. It gives me a Mono intense feel during the peak of their neoclassical run. I'm not sure it's going to overtake Canopy though.

Yeah man, it took me about 3-4 listens before I really "saw" everything that was happening.  I agree with you about the Mono influence, David from Arctic Drones was commenting about that over the weekend while we were at Dunk.  You would do well to check out Zhaoze also, they are from China and have a big Mono vibe but use this other instrument which I have no idea what it's called....  it's like a baritone lap steel guitar sort of thing. 

I think I prefer Requiem to Canopy for it's creativity...  it's just different and more mature/original, I feel.  That last track, man....

12 hours ago, drds89 said:

Emin from Azerbaijan (Violet Cold) has cranked out a Trilogy, Sommermorgen: Innocence, Joy, and Nostalgia, which is up on bandcamp now.  It's a progression /slight divergence in direction from his previous material. I hear no black metallish elements whatsoever until the end of III with just a little blasteating going on. Happened to listen backwards, III, II, then I -- then in proper order.

FFO lots of reverb, delay, major chords and uplifting mood, some ambient postrock like earrly Hammock  in the first two, chirping birds, etc. with occasional bursts -- and then by III we're getting some more intensity. Just a great listen all the way through while doing paperwork. I don't know if I'd be requesting vinyl, but I know I will continue to visit III. (I'd buy a tape to go with my Magic Night cassette *cough, cough*) ;)

I guess that's why I posted. Didn't picture him going in this direction, and while not epic/game-changing, etc. the world seems to a better place with this release.

Violet Cold Trilogy

Wrong thread buddy?  XD XD XD 

• 5 months later...