PO: Gaslight Anthen ‘59 Sound Sessions

On May 25, 2018 at 3:11 PM, wesisthebastard said:

I'll be there Sunday. Stoked for the show, not stoked for the drive back home.

Shout out to wesisthebastard for hooking me up with pins from the show last night. Some really good people on this board.  Next up I'll be looking for the NYC show pin. Missing these local shows and it's killing me. Anyone going Thursday that can help me out I'll take care of you. Thank you !

Edited by nycmale

2 hours ago, nycmale said:

Thank you! Very surprised. Thought they would have one with both NYC dates on it like in DC. Maybe they will have one for Governors Ball on Saturday with the one date on there. 

They may. They had a shirt for the Bowery show that was the same as the date specific ones from DC. When I asked if there was a pin, Danny said "Those were just for DC." 

1 hour ago, billya said:

They may. They had a shirt for the Bowery show that was the same as the date specific ones from DC. When I asked if there was a pin, Danny said "Those were just for DC." 

Thank you for the info! Surprised if the pin was a DC thing only, but it sounds like it might be.  Are you going Saturday? Unfortunately I am missing these NYC shows but will be there in August when they eventually add the NJ Show, looks like the announcement is coming on Monday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Up on Spotify now. Really cool to see the evolution of these songs. And that Cash (and a bunch of other people) cover kills. 

And the oral history article from the Ringer is great as well. Between the 59 shows, this release, and the article it’s been a good revisit for this album. 

https://www.theringer.com/music/2018/6/13/17453674/gaslight-anthem-59-sound-oral-history-10th-anniversary

9 hours ago, thebigbasic said:

And the oral history article from the Ringer is great as well. Between the 59 shows, this release, and the article it’s been a good revisit for this album. 

https://www.theringer.com/music/2018/6/13/17453674/gaslight-anthem-59-sound-oral-history-10th-anniversary

Maybe I'm biased cuz The '59 Sound has been my absolute favorite album since it came out, but I feel like that Ringer article was objectively awesome. Aside from the stories about the recording and touring process, I thought it was organized well, Bruce's quotes were interjected nicely, Robert Mays tracked down tons of people for the full perspective. I really enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Maybe I'm biased cuz The '59 Sound has been my absolute favorite album since it came out, but I feel like that Ringer article was objectively awesome. Aside from the stories about the recording and touring process, I thought it was organized well, Bruce's quotes were interjected nicely, Robert Mays tracked down tons of people for the full perspective. I really enjoyed it.

Made for a very entertaining read at work yesterday! Stoked to revisit the record and these demos today.