Zao Re-issues!

On 1/29/2019 at 12:14 PM, hallowken78 said:

Thanks for the suggestion - I didn't want to bug them on the matter but I think I'm gonna have to go down that route.

Just got an email from the Zao mailing list 

"If you ordered a Funeral Of God vinyl last year and want updates there has been an email address set up by Tragic Hero to handle any concerns. They promise it is still happening but any concerns can go to [email protected]." 

This should be like common practice, especially from a record label that has been around since like what 05? But don’t take customers money for a pre order until everything is finalized, tests are approved,  and records are being pressed. They Should have delt with the licensing issues before initial production. Tragic indeed.

5 hours ago, pizza face said:

Just got an email from the Zao mailing list 

"If you ordered a Funeral Of God vinyl last year and want updates there has been an email address set up by Tragic Hero to handle any concerns. They promise it is still happening but any concerns can go to [email protected]." 

Yep, got that email too and then sent an email to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still hoping this means we at least get Fear pressed as well.  I know the band has been pretty clear that they aren't interested in doing this again, but I could also see them telling Tragic Hero that they can do it as long as there is no pre-order.  Which now may be possible with all the red tape cut.

It won't be pre-orders.

Once the finished products are in hand (i have already approve artwork proofs and am about to give the thumbs up on the test presses) we are being given a projected "in hand" date of early to mid june.

Tragic Hero will immediately send out all pre-order packages

at that point we (Zao) will put up copies of all 3 variants on bandcamp

Tragic Hero will also have copies of all 3 variants that will be up for sale through them.

there are NOT a ton left from this pressing (less than 50 each of Olive and Splatter)  there are a reasonable amount of black left (still not a ton). how many olive and splatters that make their way onto the market will be totally dependent on making sure all pre-orders arrive safely. essentially what is left of those are the "safety" copies that are always kept of variants. 

7 hours ago, gretz said:

for what the license cost is and how it is set up, it would be impossible to do the fear without a pre-order. and we would hit this same road bump. if you knew what it cost to do these and the "minimum" required copies pressed you would be shocked anyone even attempted this.

I know that I would pre-order fear for sure. (and I'm sure many others would) But I also know how much of a headache it was for yall to do funeral of God. I completely understand if it's not something in the works currently as focusing on new material is what's at the forefront. 

21 hours ago, gretz said:

for what the license cost is and how it is set up, it would be impossible to do the fear without a pre-order. and we would hit this same road bump. if you knew what it cost to do these and the "minimum" required copies pressed you would be shocked anyone even attempted this.

14 hours ago, pizza face said:

I know that I would pre-order fear for sure. (and I'm sure many others would) But I also know how much of a headache it was for yall to do funeral of God. I completely understand if it's not something in the works currently as focusing on new material is what's at the forefront. 

Ditto.

I'm sure it's crazy expensive.  Just to throw a number out there though, I'd pay $40 for a good pressing of The Fear even with a year long pre-order.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...