Jump to content
pizza face

PO: Zao - The Funeral of God (5/3)

Recommended Posts

Just got this update from Tragic Hero. There is hope!

- - -

Thank you for reaching out. As an update for the Zao - Funeral of God vinyl, over the course of this release, we have experienced some unexpected issues with the Licensor of the album but are working diligently to resolve all conflicts and provide an updated release/ship date. We apologize for this delay and any confusion that may have been caused by shipping or gossip online. The vinyl is still being released. We are expecting to have a new release/ship date very soon. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these issues. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
 
Thank you.
Brittany Warren
Publicity & Promotions
Tragic Hero Records

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 11:34 AM, sunkenanchor said:

Just got this update from Tragic Hero. There is hope!

- - -

Thank you for reaching out. As an update for the Zao - Funeral of God vinyl, over the course of this release, we have experienced some unexpected issues with the Licensor of the album but are working diligently to resolve all conflicts and provide an updated release/ship date. We apologize for this delay and any confusion that may have been caused by shipping or gossip online. The vinyl is still being released. We are expecting to have a new release/ship date very soon. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve these issues. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
 
Thank you.
Brittany Warren
Publicity & Promotions
Tragic Hero Records

I got the same exact message today. Time to ask for a refund, me thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like this might be the only time that Funeral of God gets a press. At this point, I'll take my chances losing $30 than try to pay $$$$ down the road for a copy if this does indeed go through.  I get that you're all frustrated with this bullshit, but you might want to consider the scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

It seems like this might be the only time that Funeral of God gets a press. At this point, I'll take my chances losing $30 than try to pay $$$$ down the road for a copy if this does indeed go through.  I get that you're all frustrated with this bullshit, but you might want to consider the scenarios.

I'm with you on that, if it's a no go and they fail to ship these after taking our money back in May then it's not the end of the world imo. I don't want to regret missing this release if  it does end up materializing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at this point, the $30 is whatever but tragic hero is a fuckin' joke on all fronts and ill never order another record directly from them again (based on their active roster on their website, i think its safe to say that wont be a problem). ill be curious to see if the creep records repress of ETID - Hot Damn! goes off without a hitch because that was also a ferret release, and assuming that they don't have any problems, ill be inclined to believe that this is more to do with tragic hero being the joke i currently think they are rather than issues related to the licensor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

I'm with you on that, if it's a no go and they fail to ship these after taking our money back in May then it's not the end of the world imo. I don't want to regret missing this release if  it does end up materializing.

yeah, i'm in the same boat, the money is spent, so i'll hang for a minute. Worst case scenario i'll take it up with paypal if i can't get a refund.

I will say TGH was cool giving me a refund when I initially ordered b/c i ended up ordering two of the variants and decided to cancel the olive order and they were fine with giving me a refund and cancelling that variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought all three variants so I'm sure I'm gonna unload the olive variant. Black will be for listening and splatter will stay sealed. I'm not a variant collector but bought all three because it's my favorite album by them. Just hope it comes soon. Hopefully a new release date will be given to at least give us more hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

at this point, the $30 is whatever but tragic hero is a fuckin' joke on all fronts and ill never order another record directly from them again (based on their active roster on their website, i think its safe to say that wont be a problem). ill be curious to see if the creep records repress of ETID - Hot Damn! goes off without a hitch because that was also a ferret release, and assuming that they don't have any problems, ill be inclined to believe that this is more to do with tragic hero being the joke i currently think they are rather than issues related to the licensor. 

Tragic Hero went bankrupt years ago leaving a lot of bands with potential frozen and in the dark. I haven't been a fan of the label since they rebuilt and I'm blocked from their FB for calling them out on some scummy stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

ill be curious to see if the creep records repress of ETID - Hot Damn! goes off without a hitch because that was also a ferret release, and assuming that they don't have any problems, ill be inclined to believe that this is more to do with tragic hero being the joke i currently think they are rather than issues related to the licensor. 

If this is the case we should try to get Zao on board with switching off to do represses with them, I wanted The Fear so bad :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daegor said:

If this is the case we should try to get Zao on board with switching off to do represses with them, I wanted The Fear so bad :(

couldnt hurt. id buy fear if somebody else did it too. something just feels off about this whole thing though because that ETID - hot damn! repress sold out entirely and then creep put up a 2nd pressing which you can order now based on what i can tell. not only did those pressings go up for preorder well after the zao preorders but it looks like both of those pressings are all tentatively shipping in january. ill reserve full judgment till then, but like i said, if those releases go off without a hitch then id say tragic hero has a lot of questions to answer.

 

for reference: http://creep-records-store.shoplightspeed.com/every-time-i-die-hot-damn-white-with-red-starburst.html

" (P) & © 2003 & 2018 Atlantic Recording Corporation.  Produced under license from Atlantic Recording Corporation.  Manufactured by Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company.  All Rights Reserved.  Marketed by Creep Records. "

 

ferret music as a whole was absorbed by warner music group, so this should be the same licensor that tragic hero claims is "the problem."

 

Edited by mattisr1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

I requested a refund through bandcamp a week ago and haven't gotten any sort of response.  Unfortunately I'm beyond the 6 months paypal dispute period, so I think I'm up the creek on this one.

Try to message zao in Facebook or Instagram they will probably work with you to contact the label. They seem pretty responsive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×