Zao Re-issues!

On 7/21/2019 at 10:09 AM, UpwardHostility said:

Nice, that’s sorta what I figured. Pretty cool. Now to decide whether to give my friend the more aesthetically pleasing splatter or the more rare regular clear haha. 

Thanks for the reply!

You better keep that clear! Your friend didn't do a thoughtful thing, you did :)

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 12:30 PM, throwgncpr said:

Hopefully there is a standard vinyl version as well.

There is not, they discussed this and the audio fidelity issues in the facebook comments.  Basically the audio is already distorted as fuck so distorting it a little more only lends to the end result in a positive way.

5 minutes ago, daegor said:

There is not, they discussed this and the audio fidelity issues in the facebook comments.  Basically the audio is already distorted as fuck so distorting it a little more only lends to the end result in a positive way.

pass. Guess I'll get the CD version. I have no interest in picture discs.

• 9 months later...
31 minutes ago, INRIhab said:

Unoriginal Vinyl teased something a week back. From the color of the lp, and their recent pressings of T&N/SS records. Maybe a repress of "When Blood and Fire..."? 

I think this was mentioned a while back as happening. Seems the most likely candidate right now.

From various FB posts, it looks like there is also going to be some unreleased/rare release coming? I wonder if that means pre-All Else Failed tape/7" stuff?

1 hour ago, throwgncpr said:

From various FB posts, it looks like there is also going to be some unreleased/rare release coming? I wonder if that means pre-All Else Failed tape/7" stuff?

Yeah a podcast mentioned that pre-all else failed stuff was going to be gathered together with some unreleased tracks from that era and released on a vinyl comp.

Early Recordings looks like fun. I think Dan is the best vocalist Zao has had, but Shawn carried his own. I'm not rebuying AEF. I'm going to eventually rebuy WBAFBR but prob not now. And I'm going to come across Splinter somewhere cheap at some point. I've been chasing it too long.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:56 AM, daegor said:

I'm most curious to hear the Eric Reeder tracks.  I always love hearing a band's roots, it gives context to their evolution of sound.

To be fair, I glossed over that because I don't even remember his spot in the band. Was that the very first vocalist?

On 6/27/2020 at 11:32 PM, somethingvinyl said:

To be fair, I glossed over that because I don't even remember his spot in the band. Was that the very first vocalist?

Yeah.  I've always loved when people pull the "first vocalist was better" argument with Zao because they don't realize Jonas was a replacement too.

• 3 weeks later...