Dead Cats

Hey VCers,

My first novel - Dead Cats and Other Reflections on Parenthood - was published this week. You can pick it up on Amazon here 

51cDCUFnbIL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Here is the description: Joel Peterson's rock bottom is deeper and darker than he ever imagined, but with the help of the ghost of Kurt Cobain he hatches a plan to capture the attention of his estranged family and reclaim his life.

Dead Cats and Other Reflections on Parenthood is a dark comedy that tracks the downward spiral of Peterson, a once successful dentist and proud member of the upper middle-class as he falls into a spiral of drugs and vanity. When a car crash leaves him battered and homeless, he finds comfort in the restless lost soul of Cobain. Together, the two cut a path across southern Maine, chasing the meaning in their lives, desperately trying to be the men they expected to become

I've had some positive reviews and DCORP, as an unpublished manuscript reached the semifinals of the 2017 Booklife Prize: Publisher's Weekly Review

I am going to start an advertising campaign but first I would like to have some reviews on Amazon or Goodreads. If the book looks interesting to any of you, I would appreciate the support.

Thanks,

Jesse

Edited by jesse

• 3 years later...

Dredging this back up - if anyone is interested, I sold my second novel, Anarchy and Other Lies to a small publisher out in San Fran:

https://www.montagpress.com/books-1/anarchy-and-other-lies

Anarchy and Other Lies is a farcical look at modern society through the lens of new-age everyman, Jake Anderson, as he transforms from a silverware designer to reluctant vigilante, living on the outskirts of society with a pair of terrorists. Anarchy peels back the many mini-catastrophes taking place right under our noses and examines our inability and disinterest in confronting them.

The story follows Jake as he is pulled aimlessly through a dying world. Searching for a purpose, he falls in love with a mysterious pink-haired woman. At first, Jake is eager to impress Sam, but the longer he stays trapped in her orbit, listening as she waxes poetically about revolutionaries she doesn’t seem to understand, the more he becomes disenchanted with both her and her mission to sow chaos.

spacer.png

I appreciate any support slinging these books so I look good in front of the publisher and get to keep on doing this. You can preview it on Amazon for free and get it cheap as Kindle download.

Thanks,

Jesse

Edited by jesse