PO NOW: PIG DESTROYER - HEAD CAGE - Sep 7 2018

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

That's weird - my order total was deducted (authorized) from my PayPal balance when I paid with my PayPal balance. It always gives me the option to choose to take the funds from my balance, from my PP credit card, my other credit card, or checking acct.

Hard to explain. I have over $300 in my PP account right now and using money from the balance was not an option for me, nor has it been on any of the Relapse purchases I’ve made this year, and probably last year, too, though I don’t specifically remember. On the other hand, I buy records from other labels and shops with the balance by default all the time.

5 minutes ago, Mourning Wood said:

Hard to explain. I have over $300 in my PP account right now and using money from the balance was not an option for me, nor has it been on any of the Relapse purchases I’ve made this year, and probably last year, too

That's fascinating to me. I wonder why it's an option for some people and not others.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

That's fascinating to me. I wonder why it's an option for some people and not others.

If I remember right, you can specify that it use your card (or maybe linked bank account) all the time.  I've got mine using my credit card unless I specify otherwise, but I know I had to set it up.

And it’s with that attitude that they are being able to charge that because people will pay it. Welcome to the new norm but one cannot justify how a single LP should be that much. Soooooo I’ll probably cancel and pick up another copy and save $10 for which I can put toward another album. Who needs a fancy colorway when it’s about what on it amirite

Both cigarettes and vinyl cost as much as they do because people will pay it. Well, cigarettes are also taxed out the ass now. But my point is neither price increases are due to just inflation. The cost of manufacturing vinyl has gone up with the increase in vinyl sales, sure. But it's not "$8 a unit for a different color way" more expensive.

Obviously most of us seem willing to pay that premium, but we can still be annoyed. I wanted that variant, so I got it. That $8 wouldn't be enough to get me a pack of cigs, but still.

Man, never thought this band would release a song like that new single, hope the rest of the album is nothing like that. I really loved Book Burner, but I am not feeling that new one. I can see why they would want to change it up, Scott Hull has gotta be having a harder time writing riffs with how many the dude has already put out, but Army of Cops is super bland.

Has anyone heard the dynamic mix of Book Burner that they put out with the /100 variant on release? No idea why they didn't release that as the real mix. It's way better, like listening to a different album, the "release" production job sounds super flat by comparison.

25 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

And it’s with that attitude that they are being able to charge that because people will pay it. Welcome to the new norm but one cannot justify how a single LP should be that much. Soooooo I’ll probably cancel and pick up another copy and save $10 for which I can put toward another album. Who needs a fancy colorway when it’s about what on it amirite

Not exactly. I've been collecting records for almost a third of my life, and I know what's going on. I'll pay for what I want, and if others are willing to do so, than that's what it is. If you just want the music, that's what it's all about. But if you want the most rare variant of a record, I don't really see the problem with upcharging. I do, but I really don't. I think the bigger problem is the secondary market with things such as this. That may be why labels like this do these things. 

15 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Both cigarettes and vinyl cost as much as they do because people will pay it. Well, cigarettes are also taxed out the ass now. But my point is neither price increases are due to just inflation. The cost of manufacturing vinyl has gone up with the increase in vinyl sales, sure. But it's not "$8 a unit for a different color way" more expensive.

Obviously most of us seem willing to pay that premium, but we can still be annoyed. I wanted that variant, so I got it. That $8 wouldn't be enough to get me a pack of cigs, but still.

Totally. I definitely agree. Things are going up and the price of producing records is more and more than ever(blame the major labels turning out shit tons of bull caca reissues no one wants). But it does come down to if you're willing to pay extra for a rarer variant, you're a collector and at this point you know you may have to do that. I buy ever Sacred Bones special release because I want that. I know it's going to cost me $8-$10 more, but I don't give a shit. Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into one of these conversations, but at 33 and how long I've been collecting, I think it's still strange for people to complain about stuff like that. 

Love everyone though:D

48 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Not exactly. I've been collecting records for almost a third of my life, and I know what's going on. I'll pay for what I want, and if others are willing to do so, than that's what it is. If you just want the music, that's what it's all about. But if you want the most rare variant of a record, I don't really see the problem with upcharging. I do, but I really don't. I think the bigger problem is the secondary market with things such as this. That may be why labels like this do these things. 

Totally. I definitely agree. Things are going up and the price of producing records is more and more than ever(blame the major labels turning out shit tons of bull caca reissues no one wants). But it does come down to if you're willing to pay extra for a rarer variant, you're a collector and at this point you know you may have to do that. I buy ever Sacred Bones special release because I want that. I know it's going to cost me $8-$10 more, but I don't give a shit. Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into one of these conversations, but at 33 and how long I've been collecting, I think it's still strange for people to complain about stuff like that. 

Love everyone though:D

I've defended the Sacred Bones upcharge before because at least there's more actual labor/effort going into them. Not equal to the $ amount, but still. It's not just selecting a different color from the plant.

I don't know if they still do it, but I know at some point Topshelf Records was charging extra for their rarest variants, but the extra $2 or whatever was going to charity. That I can get down with. Relapse making an extra $800 off one variant just because is kinda lame. I get it and I understand supply/demand, but it doesn't stop it from being lame.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talked to a dude today on Discogs that actually admitted to having 4 pinwheels  to flip...

Shit like this really pisses me off and it's always a constant when it comes to Relapse's limited variants. I don't know if I should be upset at the flipper or Relapse for possibly enabling this type of behavior. 

1 hour ago, BeerMonger said:

Talked to a dude today on Discogs that actually admitted to having 4 pinwheels  to flip...

Shit like this really pisses me off and it's always a constant when it comes to Relapse's limited variants. I don't know if I should be upset at the flipper or Relapse for possibly enabling this type of behavior. 

Lol wtf! I don't think it's that difficult to limit it to one per customer.