PO: Norma Jean - Redeemer

52 minutes ago, V3XED said:

So I was holding out on the silver, seeing as there was like 250 left.... did those all sell through in one day??!
I just checked this and suddenly its gone from merchnow.... 

Also, assuming the gold goes up soon, do they have another merchstore? 
Or does "their site" mean merchnow. 

Thxx

Yeah they finally announced it themselves and the rest went quick. I’ll keep an eye out but I figure it either means the Merch Direct or Merchnow Store.

I already grabbed the silver & was about to grab a gold as well (because....more limited so duh) until I read through the comments on their instagram post & saw that it's actually not more limited.  Both gold and silver are /500, they just sold the first half of the gold variant on tour and are now selling the rest at a higher price with way more expensive shipping.  No thanks, I'll just keep the silver.

9 minutes ago, silence2-38554 said:

I already grabbed the silver & was about to grab a gold as well (because....more limited so duh) until I read through the comments on their instagram post & saw that it's actually not more limited.  Both gold and silver are /500, they just sold the first half of the gold variant on tour and are now selling the rest at a higher price with way more expensive shipping.  No thanks, I'll just keep the silver.

Laaaaaameee A.F.
Wish I had ordered the silver, now I feel like a chump. 

7 minutes ago, silence2-38554 said:

yeah this is lame for peeps who skipped or missed the silver. basically $40 shipped for a single lp with barebones packaging.

The gold looks only slightly better and thats a huge price difference

18 minutes ago, silence2-38554 said:

*sigh*

I wouldn't think its that hard to do this the right way and please everyone: 

1st variant "SUPER DELUXE" ( /50, gatefold or box, 180g black, inserts, picture/lyric booklet, hand-numbered, etc) - approx $50-$70 [for the super collector types]

2nd variant "LIMITED EDITION" ( /1000, gatefold, colored vinyl, insert booklet) - approx $25-$30 [for big time fans that don't have $50+ to spend]

3rd variant "STANDARD" ( /3000, 140g black vinyl, lyric sheet/sleeve) - approx $20

Idk just makes more sense to me, but maybe I'm crazy 

Edited by ethanpricington

21 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Idk just makes more sense to me, but maybe I'm crazy 

Not crazy... just unrealistic. SS/T&N don't own any of their releases anymore from start up to 2012, (except for Demon Hunter and August Burns Red, not sure if there are any others). Also, they've never done huge pressings, at least with the numbers you were suggesting.

Would've loved the lesser number variant (I'm a sucker like that), but I'll stick with my silver if that's the price and shipping cost.

36 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

since the silver is sold out, i have a copy id sell at cost plus shipping. still sealed, if anyone missed out on it and doesn't want to pay the ridiculous upcharge for the gold.

I would love to! If someone hasn’t already! Please message me your details! I’m on the train using a phone and can’t find out how to DM. 

1 hour ago, Plarocks said:

Does anyone have a “heads up” that a more common, and classic black pressing is in the works?

I want this on something other than a “picture disc,” but would rather wait if black (or clear) is up next. 

I'm no insider or expert BUT the SS/T&N catalog is owned by a major label now, so these low number pressings are probably all there is going to be because of the licensing fees and shit. I wouldn't recommend sleeping on it.

Remember that Mewithoutyou - Catch for Us the Foxes repress that fell apart the day it was supposed to go up and then never happened?

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm no insider or expert BUT the SS/T&N catalog is owned by a major label now, so these low number pressings are probably all there is going to be because of the licensing fees and shit. I wouldn't recommend sleeping on it.

Remember that Mewithoutyou - Catch for Us the Foxes repress that fell apart the day it was supposed to go up and then never happened?

He's right.  A lot of SS/T&N stuff isn't getting pressed simply because it's too expensive to license.  This could be it.