PO Soon: Restorations - LP5000

18 hours ago, suchashorttime said:

I was just listening to LP1 and remember how much I absolutely LOVE that record. Then I went back to LP2 remembered how much I wanted to love it and didn't. I don't think I came around to 3. 

Wonder why this is 5000 and not 4000?

Man I dont see how you can love 1 and not 2. What didn't you like about it?

21 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

Man I dont see how you can love 1 and not 2. What didn't you like about it?

Hard to explain. I guess I found it a little boring; LP1 was a bit more dynamic and less - dare I say - jammy? It was a bit more in your face and had some hooks that really stood out. LP2 just kinda blurred together with the exception of The Plan, which gets stuck in my head for days.

• 1 month later...

I don’t really know how you can come up with the assumption that they are slow, considering that for the past 5+ years, over 90% of their releases  have been perfectly on time, and last year they had pretty much every release in hand before the official release date.

awakebutstillinbed seems to be a different situation, because it was originally released on cassette only, and only got a vinyl release later on (because of the good reception I assume), so that one is pretty hard for them to predict if vinyl was planned at first.

Is a 3 month preorder early? Yes it is, but they are as transparent as you can be with their release dates.

5 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

Just want to clarify and say I don't think the label is shady or anything. I just don't like paying for something and not receiving anything for at least 3 months.

Same, I'll just wait closer to release day if I don't want to wait, I stopped caring about getting the most limited variants. I just kinda sucks for being impatient 

21 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

Just want to clarify and say I don't think the label is shady or anything. I just don't like paying for something and not receiving anything for at least 3 months.

Unfortunately, three months is pretty much the standard preorder wait, these days. I can only think of one label who actually sells when they have the record on hand. Most other labels seem to have a 2-4 month lead time. It sucks, but I've just given up being annoyed by it.

Edited by lexicondevil
Spelling

• 1 month later...