Question: New cart, weird sound problem...halp!

Hey VC, searching for this yielded nada, so here goes...

I have a Rega RP1. Today I installed a Rega 2 Bias cart (as part of the Rega performance package). After careful install and callibration, I test played a familiar record using headphones (baby was sleeping). I only hear sound in one ear. :(

Next, I turn the volume down and let listen via speakers. Same issue. Only the left speaker. Convinced I fucked up, I reexamined the connectivity on the cart. Disconnected, reconnected, recallibrated. Same issue. Flipped the wires. Opposite issue. 

Next I fucked with turntable inputs on my receiver and found that if I BARELY plug in the Right input, I get sound from all speakers (headphones or my Polks). 

Point: What the fuck happened?

Sounds like something's up with that new cart, I'd definitely try to get that replaced. I've had lots of issues on older turntables with one side or another cutting out, but it was always some kind of issue with the table's wires or connectors, in your case that wouldn't make sense.

Edited by bjorn

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 8:55 AM, bjorn said:

Sounds like something's up with that new cart, I'd definitely try to get that replaced. I've had lots of issues on older turntables with one side or another cutting out, but it was always some kind of issue with the table's wires or connectors, in your case that wouldn't make sense.

Yeah, The Sound Org is hooking me up.

New one should arrive soon.

• 2 weeks later...