Rare Vinyl in Poor Condition

I know this subject has been brought up before, but I was curious if there were others with input.

Does anybody buy rare records in fair to poor condition? What record was it and how much did you pay? 

Personally, I buy to collect. If I find a rare record that I really want, even if it's in poor condition, I will buy it. Sometimes pay a lot. I am curious if others do this.

39 minutes ago, mechee89 said:
I know this subject has been brought up before, but I was curious if there were others with input.

Does anybody buy rare records in fair to poor condition? What record was it and how much did you pay? 

Personally, I buy to collect. If I find a rare record that I really want, even if it's in poor condition, I will buy it. Sometimes pay a lot. I am curious if others do this.

Give some examples?

I like to know my vinyl has been around the block a few times. All those enchanting skips and beautifully haunting pops does things to me no virgin vinyl could dream of doing! Basically, what I am saying is.....

I fucking love that shit bro! #Fistbump *EXPLODE!*

Edited by hype

3 hours ago, mechee89 said:

I was having deja vu for a second then I remembered I read this exact same post on discogs.

if they are in the budget bin sometimes I just roll the dice, some records from the 50s and early 60s were near indestructible, I have Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry Records in like G+ condition and they power through everything and barely even overpower the music at any point. The only record I have that skips and I just can't bear to part with is https://www.discogs.com/Art-Blakey-Quintet-A-Night-At-Birdland-Volume-1/release/2108341 it sounds really good outside of that damn skip. I have a few rare 45s that playing is either not advised or not enjoyable but they take up very little room and I probably paid a quarter or less. Not everyone collects the same, I don't think it's any crazier to fill up your shelf with rare beat up records than it is with 5 variants of the same record that you never play. I have even overheard kids in my store bragging about finding cheap beat up copies of Howlin' Wolf records, they find the character charming or are just excited to own a record and not have to pay out for it.