• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

I was going to wait until this hit Spotify because I hate those web app streams but you convinced me. Shits TIGHT!

The face melt at the end of Tru Punk tho. Was already nice and hype from the singles and they weren't even the best cuts!

I didn't think the stream quality was nearly as bad as usual too, I didn't really have to adjust my phones sound settings for it to sound like my normal source.

Edit: Also love how the opener Baby Alligator is a continuation of The Great Alligator closer on am.

Edited by ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡

25 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

This album surpassed my expectations and I loved AM, so many tracks on this album just rip - "Grab it From the Garden" just keeps getting better as the  song goes on. Love these guys.

The ending wall of sound on that track is what dreams are made of. I want more 6 minute + songs from Steve... The Great Alligator, The Great Crocodile, and Grab it from the Garden are all perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, jrodan said:

band showed up as a suggestion on spotify and i have been really into it.  only listened to this album so far, but i am looking forward to checking out their older stuff. pretty similar?

'am' their first LP is a lot more power chord jamming but if you dig Tru you'll dig am. Baby Alligator the opener for Tru is a continuation or sequel to the closer on am The Great Alligator. They don't have much other output but it's also worth it to check out their song on the split with Littlebigleague it's also on spotify.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Just found this album the other week & it’s fantastic!  Reminds me of a grittier Tennis System.  Whoever likes these guys should check out Tennis System fyi.

agreed. just saw tennis system on saturday and they were so fucking good. have been enjoying them and ovlov a ton lately.

35 minutes ago, jrodan said:

agreed. just saw tennis system on saturday and they were so fucking good. have been enjoying them and ovlov a ton lately.

Tennis System is a new band for me, I don't totally see the comparison but rad music nonetheless - thanks!

Edited by bluethumb

57 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Just found this album the other week & it’s fantastic!  Reminds me of a grittier Tennis System.  Whoever likes these guys should check out Tennis System fyi.

Saw Tennis System back in December with Hundredth and they are c l e a n live. Flawless performance.