Oh Sees- Smote Reverser- Aug 17

12 hours ago, natenomm said:

I got my velvet smoke copy in yesterday, and it's appropriately smokey for sure. Also, this album fucking rips. 

Aargh. Haven't even received a shipping notice. Which is weird, cuz they usually send one almost immediately, sometimes weeks before they actually get anything in the mail. 

Anyone have any quality issues? There's a thread on reddit with a lot of people saying they're having the same issues as were present with Orc; namely, a lot of popping and even skipping/needle bouncing at the beginning of each side of the record. I haven't listened to my copy yet, but I had this happen with *two* copies of Orc until I got one that had no defects.... kind of annoying.

31 minutes ago, swazzyswess said:

Anyone have any quality issues? There's a thread on reddit with a lot of people saying they're having the same issues as were present with Orc; namely, a lot of popping and even skipping/needle bouncing at the beginning of each side of the record. I haven't listened to my copy yet, but I had this happen with *two* copies of Orc until I got one that had no defects.... kind of annoying.

I didn't have that issue at all with Orc, that said there did seem to be some of that fine grit that appears from time to time with different variants.  Cleaned and put in a new inner and have never had any noticeable problems.  Smote just arrived last night for me though, and I didn't have a chance to spin it.

1 minute ago, aopps42 said:

?

back to back posts from people who have the record in hand and could have spun it and commented on the pressing quality, but decided to instead comment before spinning it. first guy is the best, asking if others have quality issues when he has a copy in his house waiting to be tested.

36 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

back to back posts from people who have the record in hand and could have spun it and commented on the pressing quality, but decided to instead comment before spinning it. first guy is the best, asking if others have quality issues when he has a copy in his house waiting to be tested.

Huh! Look at that!  The internet, amirite?!?

40 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

Sorry, I should have taken some PTO from work so I could get home and listen to it ASAP. I will try not to annoy you in the future.

42 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

It’s a real bummer. I wish they wouldn’t use Pirate/CZ any more. 

They should use MPO

Pirate/GZ have been delivering better quality records of late

I seem to be getting warped records regardless of the plant and using my Vinyl Flat on basically 90% of the records I purchase new these days

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Pirate/GZ have been delivering better quality records of late

I seem to be getting warped records regardless of the plant and using my Vinyl Flat on basically 90% of the records I purchase new these days

How much did your Vinyl Flat cost? I see a couple versions. With quality control seemingly going out the window, I should probably just get one.

3 minutes ago, swazzyswess said:

How much did your Vinyl Flat cost? I see a couple versions. With quality control seemingly going out the window, I should probably just get one.

Didnt even think their were multiple versions of this

http://vinylflat.com/vinylflatproducts.html

I think it was 200 total when I bought the flat and pouch