Tired of Spending So Much on Record Cleaning Solution

I've been using Audio Intelligent products to clean my records for about a year now. I use the #15 and #6 in succession for really dirty records and just the #6 by itself for new records and lightly soiled records. The machine I have is the Okki Nokki cleaner. This system works well, but wow, it gets expensive to keep buying these bottles of AI solution... Is there another - more affordable - product you folks would recommend? It would be nice to save some money. I've seen recipes for DIY solutions too, which I suppose I'd be open to. But it would be great to find a single product that is affordable and effective, and that I won't have to mix up myself... Open to any and all suggestions!

11 minutes ago, The Mule said:

I've been using Audio Intelligent products to clean my records for about a year now. I use the #15 and #6 in succession for really dirty records and just the #6 by itself for new records and lightly soiled records. The machine I have is the Okki Nokki cleaner. This system works well, but wow, it gets expensive to keep buying these bottles of AI solution... Is there another - more affordable - product you folks would recommend? It would be nice to save some money. I've seen recipes for DIY solutions too, which I suppose I'd be open to. But it would be great to find a single product that is affordable and effective, and that I won't have to mix up myself... Open to any and all suggestions!

I use this.  It's not exactly cheap up front but $50 makes a gallon (or two depending on if you make it "extra strength" or not).  

https://www.ttvjaudio.com/TTVJAudio_Vinyl_Zyme_Record_Cleaner_2_oz_Concentra_p/aat0001000.htm

17 minutes ago, Billich0986 said:

I mean, you want it to look as good as possible while it hangs on your wall, right?

15 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Depends on the lighting situation in the room. When the sunlight hits it you can REALLY see all that dust and shit. 

Duh - of course! Now I feel like an idiot...

I use the audio intelligent concentrate. A whole bottle lasts a year. Just mix with something better than DI water. You can order it from chemical places or lab supply shops. Try the down with dirty concentrate and mix with the water....you use about 20ml per 16oz of water so it should last a while! Water can be bought 5 gallons at a time reagant grade for about $80 shipped

Edited by bigdz68

3 hours ago, The Mule said:

Thanks, bigdz - I'll take a look at that one too.

Ya no problem. I did a lot of research on this before I bought my VPI. You can order the reagant grade water from a lot of placess just Google 9800-5 reagant water...as long as it ships to a business address you should not have an issue. Mix 16oz of that with the down with dirty concentrate and you have tons of cleaning liquid. Then you have enough water to rinse clean after scrubbing also. If you don't want to deal with 5 gallons just check with a local college or high school about DI water... sometimes you can get it in smaller quantities. Hope that helps. 

44 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

Ya no problem. I did a lot of research on this before I bought my VPI. You can order the reagant grade water from a lot of placess just Google 9800-5 reagant water...as long as it ships to a business address you should not have an issue. Mix 16oz of that with the down with dirty concentrate and you have tons of cleaning liquid. Then you have enough water to rinse clean after scrubbing also. If you don't want to deal with 5 gallons just check with a local college or high school about DI water... sometimes you can get it in smaller quantities. Hope that helps. 

I've been able to order 10 liter boxes of reagent water off Amazon in the past. Usually around $30-35 with Prime shipping. Availability comes and goes, but the brand is Ricca.