PO NOW: Interpol - Marauder

1 hour ago, idioteque... said:

When I contacted Matador they said color vinyl usually tends to be worse than black and said no one reached out to them about the defect which is total BS.  

So it seems a lot of people are having good luck with their translucent and cream vinyl but the opaque is a messed up one.

Sucks.  I'm going to ask for a refund/return and just buy the cream.  Maybe enough of us complain they'll print out another batch with the issue removed?

Matador merch email will occasionally give cheeky replies and subtly downplay your issue but they always come through quickly with returns and replacements, at least in my experience. Just resist the temptation to read into their comments. :)

On 8/28/2018 at 11:20 AM, swb said:

I really like the first two tracks and the closer. Still unlocking the middle chunk, which I think I mostly dig outside of an irrational repulsion I have to the faux-jaunty track 3. Plenty of reviews praise that track so I know I'm not necessarily in the majority with that one but I still can't really get into the song.

I'm in this boat.   Complications and Mountain Child are currently cringe worthy.

14 hours ago, swb said:

Matador merch email will occasionally give cheeky replies and subtly downplay your issue but they always come through quickly with returns and replacements, at least in my experience. Just resist the temptation to read into their comments. :)

I remember with Villains, I got a damaged sleeve and they hassled me saying that it wasn’t worth a replacement sleeve and then asked me why I would buy from them (to support the label & band) after that banter than they got me my sleeve.

As for the record i got a replacement same defect, but theyre sending another one they tested so hopefully it works.  Opaque though.

5 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

I remember with Villains, I got a damaged sleeve and they hassled me saying that it wasn’t worth a replacement sleeve and then asked me why I would buy from them (to support the label & band) after that banter than they got me my sleeve.

As for the record i got a replacement same defect, but theyre sending another one they tested so hopefully it works.  Opaque though.

Yeah. I got a comment about how they received my warped records back and "didn't notice much warping" but I just ignored it and they sent the replacements quickly, so I'm happy. They can say whatever they want as long as they provide replacements/refunds when needed. :)