Tips on Reading Runout Groove Etchings?

This is probably stupid, but I always struggle with reading runout etchings.  My vision is fine otherwise.  I've tried high light, med light, low light, different angles, even trying to take a picture and zoom in on it.   I was considering a magnifying glass with a light attachment.   Any suggestions? If not you can just make fun of me.

22 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

This is probably stupid, but I always struggle with reading runout etchings.  My vision is fine otherwise.  I've tried high light, med light, low light, different angles, even trying to take a picture and zoom in on it.   I was considering a magnifying glass with a light attachment.   Any suggestions? If not you can just make fun of me.

Seems like you've tried everything I would suggest unfortunately.

On 5/28/2018 at 5:19 PM, floyd_z said:

Not a dumb question, finding the right light at the right angle can be a challenge for some reason, especially the lighter colors. I haven't had one beat me yet, but usually I'm just looking for the A, B, C or D for the artsy bands that don't like labeling or using some runes,  codes, legend/key device so I know which side I'm listening to.  I'm sure someone watching me trying to finagle the thing just right would be perplexed or amused. You're not alone,  keep trying.

The older (all black of course) albums I own have some cool etchings like: 'The Year Of The [Robert] Fripp' and overall seem easier to read.