[PO] Nothing - Dance On the Blacktop

30 minutes ago, bluescreenlife said:

The production is terrible, particularly on the rhythm guitars. It sounds like a 128kbps rip of what it was supposed to be. No dynamics/range. Was thinking the vinyl was just a shitty digital transfer but Spotify sounds the same. 

I think Pitchfork is gonna give this album a 5.0 aka 1 slap outta 2.

Listening to Chloroform immediately after Hope ended, and it’s flawless representation of what Dance could be really hurts it even more for me.

However, pushing the trash production aside, the album as a whole is growing on me as I keep listening.  I just know it won’t ever reach its full potential sadly.

Plastic Migrane & Us/We/Are are my main jams thus far.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:55 PM, mrewest said:

Got my deluxe today finally.  Love love love the tri color.  Very undecided on the album.  I think I like it?  I hate the production though.  Might ultimately doom it for me.

Also, The Mohegan is a great bonus track.

Still waiting on mine, looks like its hung up in transit. I'm tempted to pick the VMP edition as well. 

The bonus is a picture disc, right? 

Blue Line is the most memorable. My main problem is how weak the vocals are. It’s known that Dom can’t really sing so the studio albums polish his vocals with reverb or by being multi-tracked. But with this one, some songs sound like his vocals are untouched and others feel like he kinda gave up singing after the first line. Because of that it’s hard to imagine being able to sing along to many of the albums songs due to lack of a coherent melody.

19 minutes ago, Shrekular Haze said:

No. Will do.

For reference my cars volume has 40 notches. I usually listen at 30 and its loud as it needs to be because around 32 or 33 everything starts to distort and sound like garbage. I play this album at 36 and it sounds so clear. Loudest album I've heard this year probably 

17 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

For reference my cars volume has 40 notches. I usually listen at 30 and its loud as it needs to be because around 32 or 33 everything starts to distort and sound like garbage. I play this album at 36 and it sounds so clear. Loudest album I've heard this year probably 

Only 2 songs in, but I'm currently listening to this so loud that I might get the cops called on me (got a new amp and spearkers last week) and can confirm.