[PO] Nothing - Dance On the Blacktop

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Last I heard, the band is very interested in re-recording Tertia for re-release, specifically to renovate the production.  Should be happening next year to coincide with the 10-year anniversary tour.  Way overdue.

For me it has nothing at all to do with how far back the vocals are, how prominent the guitars may be, or how much the instruments "mesh" together in the mix.  I'm hardly a shoegaze connoisseur but I've had the genre in my rotation for at least 10 years now, and am no stranger to muffled vocals / muddy production.  But when the guitars come in on Zero Day, it sounds like I jumped back to 1998 and downloaded the file in 96 kbps through Napster and then tried playing it through my Razr flip phone.

Are you still running that leak for the mp3s? There was definitely something really off on the low end for that even though it was 320.

28 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Are you still running that leak for the mp3s? There was definitely something really off on the low end for that even though it was 320.

I think my 320s are still from that super early leak, yeah.  I should track down a newer FLAC rip and convert that.

4 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Some polarizing opinions on what I figured would be a universal slapper.

Anyone else get a Creep vibe from Us/We/Are? I can't place exactly why.

absolutely. which makes sense since they have covered that song a bunch. US/We/Are also has a completely lifted riff from Bush - Swallowed. part of why i love this album is it scratches my middle school 90s alternative rock itch.

19 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Anyone else get a Creep vibe from Us/We/Are? I can't place exactly why.

Had this thought listening in my car yesterday. Also kinda heard some Weezer In the Garage in there, but in the same way that one Brand New song kinda sounded like it.

I had a mixed reaction to this album after two or three listens on Spotify, but today I got to sit with my copy and read the lyrics and just focus on it. Gotta say that it sounds much better on vinyl to me and I ended up enjoying it much more.

TLDR: slapper/10

13 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

I had a mixed reaction to this album after two or three listens on Spotify, but today I got to sit with my copy and read the lyrics and just focus on it. Gotta say that it sounds much better on vinyl to me and I ended up enjoying it much more.

TLDR: slapper/10

I'm gonna report back after I spin my wax and hopefully the newly considered verdict of it has me looking like this:

tumblr_mmcd0bDphK1s5ke82o1_500.gif /10

18 hours ago, highfives said:

I'll see about ripping them for you tonight.  Shouldn't be a big deal.

I'd appreciate that too, if you can, I'm itching to hear them.

Regarding the album's sound - I'm crushing hard on the incredibly warm sense of nostalgia I feel from this album.

I'd say the production is very deliberate.