[PO] Nothing - Dance On the Blacktop

Does anyone have any info about the screened transparency variant? On the CCM store it says is limited to 50 copies, on discogs to 88.

https://www.coldcutsmerch.com/collections/nothing-store/products/nothing-dance-on-the-blacktop-lp?variant=8243831734327

https://www.discogs.com/Nothing-Dance-On-The-Blacktop/release/12433909

1 hour ago, fizio59 said:

Does anyone have any info about the screened transparency variant? On the CCM store it says is limited to 50 copies, on discogs to 88.

https://www.coldcutsmerch.com/collections/nothing-store/products/nothing-dance-on-the-blacktop-lp?variant=8243831734327

https://www.discogs.com/Nothing-Dance-On-The-Blacktop/release/12433909

Nothing said it was /88 somewhere.

6 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Everywhere I see comments about this album and favorite songs are brought up it's almost even across all 9 songs. Anyone have any track they dislike? 

Even dislike is a little strong but I'm not crazy about the third track after my first listen.

4 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Even dislike is a little strong but I'm not crazy about the third track after my first listen.

I think that one is the biggest left turn on the album and expect to hear it brought up most. I think if it were placed any later in the track sequence it'd be a much more awkward song but dig it as is.

I love the album so far even though I really hate the album cover.   Still balking at buying it on vinyl for that reason, although I'm DYING to hear the bonus trax.    Most of the time the production sounds really freaky to me.    I'd compare it to listening to your neighbour blasting it on his stereo and hearing the music coming thru the wall and the bass through the floor with a little tinny trebble reflecting off the windows of the building across the street.    I think that's what they were going for anyway.     If I listen to it on my super expensive Sony ultra bass headphones with a headphone amplifier cranked up so loud my head almost explodes it sounds about perfect.    I think that's the way to go.   

Which 90's song/group is being channeled through "I Hate The Flowers"? ? 

Please, please no one have a serious answer, purdy please!

I guess ToT didn't pay enough homage to the 90's (or it was just more obvious for idiots like me who could hear the Hum and Nirvana tributes) - so they needed to do some more? 

I passed on Acrobat (DoL), because I passed on the 500+ clone radio bands/albums in the 80's that came after early MTV and New Wave.  I bet Kyle had fun playing drums on that one ;)  however to be fair they did a pretty good job of re-creating that feel (nausea for me).

Also, for those who care about my previous whining, I'm thinking I just got a defective piece of wax. The bonus tracks on the picture disc sound like what everyone else is describing. I thought I was losing my friggin mind. So, the Deluxe Tricolor will gather dust with all 25 or so of the other select Nothing vinyl variants, tapes and cd-r :wub:

11 hours ago, BeerMonger said:

Here are the bonus tracks. Please don't share outside the forum; just wanted to hook those up that bought the album, but didn't get the deluxe version. 

Nothing - Bonus

can't unpack the archive using WinRAR (which usually works flawlessly for this file format). Anyone else having problems?

I’m reporting back, bros. Listened to the album about 5-6  times and once on vinyl. While the mixing and production sounds weak and muddy to me, most of the songs are wearing on me even if they lack originality. This is definitely one that’s a grower for sure (not unlike my penis). But, ultimately, my verdict is that this album is a definite SLAPPER, but is not as good as ToT for me. I wish they cranked up the bass on the grunge/90s alt-rock jams on this album though. Vinyl doesn’t particularly sound better or worse than the digital tracks either. Also, Pitchfork gave it a 7.1. So they think it’s better than GoE, but not as good as ToT. Slap on, bros!

41 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

I’m reporting back, bros. Listened to the album about 5-6  times and once on vinyl. While the mixing and production sounds weak and muddy to me, most of the songs are wearing on me even if they lack originality. This is definitely one that’s a grower for sure (not unlike my penis). But, ultimately, my verdict is that this album is a definite SLAPPER, but is not as good as ToT for me. I wish they cranked up the bass on the grunge/90s alt-rock jams on this album though. Vinyl doesn’t particularly sound better or worse than the digital tracks either. Also, Pitchfork gave it a 7.1. So they think it’s better than GoE, but not as good as ToT. Slap on, bros!

I love how you try and play off the fact that pitchfork dictates your taste with jokes lol. I enjoyed seeing you say the new Mitski slaps right after the BNM went up too.