[PO] Nothing - Dance On the Blacktop

47 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

haha, that was a legit good question tho..

not really. it was pointed and rude and guy got the answer he should have expected. had he asked what the thought process was behind the recording/mastering of the record in a civil way, we may have gotten a decent response. nothing rules, nerdy internet dudes with quips do not.

bummer our order at my shop showed up a week late, and they shorted us the indie exclusive and its now discontinued i'll probably just suck it up and buy the black one since it seems silly for me to not use my discount and pay extra for a colored variant, I'm just disappointed

Glad they have a bunch of the back catalogue in print at shows.  While I'm aware that touring is costly and merch is a great way to recoup., it's nice to see when some prices aren't exorbitant. 

Just checked an inflation calculator, and buying a hoodie in 2008 for $40 would be close to $47 today. No way would I buy a hoodie at that price.

Shoutout to the merch guy backwhen I went to see The Ocean and wanted to get the Pelagial 2x10" LP (vocal and instrumental versions) which were bundled together at $45 and I had $42 in cash on me lol. He was cool and was happy the band had great fans in the U.S.

They were pretty damn good, hadn't got a chance to see them before. Played a nice mix of older material and songs from the current album. They had some rarities but they were expensive, $20 for a numbered flexi (from downward years to come?), the lbgt splatter goe was $50 and they had one other at $30. I just grabbed a copy of dance on the blacktop ($25) and since I tipped him he asked if I wanted the last /200 VMP instead so I went for that, surprised its not on discogs yet. Of course I went to tie my shoe and the record was not inside the gatefold and went straight on to the cement, so now I have the one of a kind lipstick and asphalt merge variant (it looks like it should be ok i'll play it tomorrow)

16 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

They were pretty damn good, hadn't got a chance to see them before. Played a nice mix of older material and songs from the current album. They had some rarities but they were expensive, $20 for a numbered flexi (from downward years to come?), the lbgt splatter goe was $50 and they had one other at $30. I just grabbed a copy of dance on the blacktop ($25) and since I tipped him he asked if I wanted the last /200 VMP instead so I went for that, surprised its not on discogs yet. Of course I went to tie my shoe and the record was not inside the gatefold and went straight on to the cement, so now I have the one of a kind lipstick and asphalt merge variant (it looks like it should be ok i'll play it tomorrow)

The VMP variants haven't even gone out yet, I'm assuming they're going out with September shipments. 

6 hours ago, ethereal said:

LA had a tour press tonight limited to 50 copies.. included a 12x12 parchment with a different word of lyrics on each one, handwritten and numbered by Dom

That's lame, I saw them on Saturday and I just bought a shirt, I would rather have bought one of those, oh well I guess

49 minutes ago, glass realms said:

How are these guys live these days? Have they learned to sing in key yet? 

I thought they were really good, Nicky had Bob Bruno play guitar for Vertigo Flowers and he was going full front man and it was pretty awesome to witness. Culture Abuse was really good too, I've seen them about 3 times and it's pretty impressive how good they have gotten. I still have a bruise on my hip and my chin from the pit haha