PO: Coheed and Cambria — Vaxis – Act I: The Unheavenly Creatures (Oct 5)

On 7/9/2018 at 3:24 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

IG post about TP approval

<It'sallhappening.gif>

Brace your wallets.

How long does a vinyl release usually take after this passes? 

I figured we would have seen something by now, been checking each day when bored at work.

Also, just found out they do graphic novels with the stories, anyone ever check any of these out? Are they any good? 

25 minutes ago, imnothardcore said:

I figured we would have seen something by now, been checking each day when bored at work.

Also, just found out they do graphic novels with the stories, anyone ever check any of these out? Are they any good? 

The story is a little "out there" but yeah its really good.

34 minutes ago, imnothardcore said:

I guess that's entirely up to the band. They'll probably list a pre-order w/in the next month, but that's just a guess. 

I check pretty much daily.

The comics are pretty good. They're better now that there's some consistency. The earliest ones were confusing at times.

50 minutes ago, imnothardcore said:

I had the Good Apollo one they put out with the Good Apollo 4 album (I think it might have been signed). It was not good.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I had the Good Apollo one they put out with the Good Apollo 4 album (I think it might have been signed). It was not good.

It was rushed, and ran over budget. They started retelling the Good Apollo story, and issue 12 hits this month and it's been pretty damn good. 

27 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

It was rushed, and ran over budget. They started retelling the Good Apollo story, and issue 12 hits this month and it's been pretty damn good. 

where do I see the order of these things, is it just the amory wars or whatever?

is there a digital download thats decent?

the only have one on the website for like $15

4 hours ago, imnothardcore said:

where do I see the order of these things, is it just the amory wars or whatever?

is there a digital download thats decent?

the only have one on the website for like $15

The order and what's out there: 

Year of the Black Rainbow novel. Still available through ebook sites.

Second Stage Turbine Blade and In Keeping Secrets Utlimate Editions... SSTB covers the 10 issues of the series, and the two Bag.Online. comics that we're intended to be the original series, but never published anything past the 2 issues. And the In Keeping Secrets has all 12 issues of that series, co written by Peter David.

And currently, Good Apollo, directly following In Keeping, has 11 issues published, and issues 12 comes out at the end of the month. Evil Ink Comics site has a link to get all the issues, but there are also 2 trades avaibale, vol 1 covers 1-4 and vol 2 covers 5-8. The last trade will follow, and likely another Ultimate edition that houses the whole series.

*Whew, that was a lot* 

On 7/16/2018 at 8:55 PM, THE_James_Champ said:

The order and what's out there: 

Year of the Black Rainbow novel. Still available through ebook sites.

Second Stage Turbine Blade and In Keeping Secrets Utlimate Editions... SSTB covers the 10 issues of the series, and the two Bag.Online. comics that we're intended to be the original series, but never published anything past the 2 issues. And the In Keeping Secrets has all 12 issues of that series, co written by Peter David.

And currently, Good Apollo, directly following In Keeping, has 11 issues published, and issues 12 comes out at the end of the month. Evil Ink Comics site has a link to get all the issues, but there are also 2 trades avaibale, vol 1 covers 1-4 and vol 2 covers 5-8. The last trade will follow, and likely another Ultimate edition that houses the whole series.

*Whew, that was a lot* 

thanks man, super helpful, looking into these now since curious...

6 hours ago, imnothardcore said:

thanks man, super helpful, looking into these now since curious...

No prob. I've been reading the comics since they started. The originals are meh, the Second Stage series is good, but messy. In Keeping Secrets definitely improved upon that, with Peter David assisting, and Chris Burnham and then Aaron Kuder on art helping big time. And the newest series, Good Apollo, has really fleshed out the graphic novel that came out in 2005. Rags Morales is a huge name for them too, his art is wild. 

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly, the songs so far have been great, and a lot of deep cuts on the albums are usually non singles.  The band really does spoil us, though. Here we are a month and a half out from the new album and we've already heard almost TWENTY minutes of the album, and there's still like 50-55 minutes left. 2 videos, tons of concept info (especially in yesterday's interview), it's a great time to be a fan!