PO: Coheed and Cambria — Vaxis – Act I: The Unheavenly Creatures (Oct 5)

14 minutes ago, tape said:

the collector-type in me wants to get the indie exclusive, but I kinda just like the "standard" tiger's eye better.

also I think I finally don't feel like I have to get every variant for this band. (would have been nice to come to this point before Afterman, but oh well)

I definitely ordered all 3, but I may not keep them forever. I definitely prefer the web variant the most. I am just a sucker for this band 

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Old Flames video today. CD boxset delayed, but only by a few days due to the foam they used for the inside not being up to par. And as well, band store exclusives are shipping and I'm hearing Bullmoose is as well! 

Yep, got band exclusive on way and red indie from Bullmoose. Nothing on the tiger eye yet. Obviously my deluxe Creature Mask boxset is delayed.

Oh how the mighty have fallen....I just got through this entire album and from a Coheed fan this album, (aside from the album intro and a couple songs) is VERY forgettable. This is somewhere close to the bottom when it comes to there best albums...somehwhere in the realm of the new Thrice album. Just my opinion though. If you enjoy it great but at $40 its an easy pass

Edited by Saxonjulin

50 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Oh how the mighty have fallen....I just got through this entire album and from a Coheed fan this album, (aside from the album intro and a couple songs) is VERY forgettable. This is somewhere close to the bottom when it comes to there best albums...somehwhere in the realm of the new Thrice album. Just my opinion though. If you enjoy it great but at $40 its an easy pass

Reality has set into my finances...what with the new stove, the new screen doors, the new HVAC systemS (we have a two family), and all the money I threw at contractors for all of those things....my vinyl budget is limited.

So, when I look at the $40 price tag...I get skiddish....couple that with buying the ...And Justice For All this month...Coheed & Cambria seems squeezed out.

1 hour ago, Saxonjulin said:

I disagree  I don’t believe this is a fall. I look at this album as the beginning to a new narrative. 

20 hours ago, Saxonjulin said:

Just curious as to which songs are the few not-so-forgetable ones.

And obviously I whole-heartedly disagree, but I know there are a couple of really standout tracks. What'd they get right, to you?

3 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

As a long time fan, this album is a return to form for me.  As far as I'm concerned, The Color Before The Sun, doesn't exist.  THAT album, imo, was an experiment that didn't work.  This album is great, gets better and better with each listen.

Long time fan here, and I disagree about The Color Before The Sun. I love it, and you don't get this album without it.

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Just curious as to which songs are the few not-so-forgetable ones.

And obviously I whole-heartedly disagree, but I know there are a couple of really standout tracks. What'd they get right, to you?

I can't remember lol. Ill give it another listen and look at the tracks that stood out which were only a couple. I love the intro. It was primed and setup for an epic album but unfortunately the rest of the album fell short. Like I said ill give it another listen

1 hour ago, Saxonjulin said:

I can't remember lol. Ill give it another listen and look at the tracks that stood out which were only a couple. I love the intro. It was primed and setup for an epic album but unfortunately the rest of the album fell short. Like I said ill give it another listen

Yeah, nbd, just curious

5 hours ago, Saxonjulin said:

I agree. I thought I was going to a get a story heavy album like GA1

I have to say, I always take what fowty says with a grain of salt since it seems like he'd lick Claudio's sweaty butthole after a show and say it tastes good...but this album is solid. There are only 2 or 3 songs that I really dislike, and all the rest are pretty darn good. I'd still put it behind everything else up through NWFT, but it'll definitely get multiple listens in the coming weeks.