PO Now THOU - Multiple EPs and new LP

10 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Love this band but they have some very confusing records. I can’t tell what’s an EP, LP, compilation of old stuff or a collab. Grabbed the sacred bones ones. 

They are crazy to keep up with for sure. I hopped on early, otherwise I'd be utterly lost. Heathen, Summit, and Peasant are probably the most essential things to get into first. They did a run of 12" splits that I really like. The Leech, Salome, and Moloch splits are my favorites. They are short, spin at 45, and sound massive.

5 minutes ago, bjorn said:

They are crazy to keep up with for sure. I hopped on early, otherwise I'd be utterly lost. Heathen, Summit, and Peasant are probably the most essential things to get into first. They did a run of 12" splits that I really like. The Leech, Salome, and Moloch splits are my favorites. They are short, spin at 45, and sound massive.

Can echo this sentiment- hop on with Summit, Heathen, Tyrant in that order

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I totally missed that Nirvana album they put out with the Hirs Collective and I'm pissed. Literally just found out about it. I fucking love Thou covering Nirvana.

I think Get Better is repressing it but their mailorder is very slow. Looks like Sisters in Christ still has it:

http://sistersinchrist.space/album/i-have-become-your-pupil/

49 minutes ago, stranaspank said:

Farts, I'm guessing the deluxe Sacred Bones is gone? I'm only seeing standard black on their site.

They just put more up.

Also, SB has all of the new releases now (on black vinyl):

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/collections/thou

Also also, if anyone got stuck paying Priority yesterday SB says to just shoot them an email for a $6 refund.

Edited by lethalenforcer

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 7:12 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

I totally missed that Nirvana album they put out with the Hirs Collective and I'm pissed. Literally just found out about it. I fucking love Thou covering Nirvana.

Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know about it either.  I checked a few weeks ago and Get Better had one copy available and it finally arrived today. The In Bloom and Scentless Apprentice covers are especially awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

any idea if there is a place where I can buy inconsolable, rhea sylvia and hirs collective split together?  i need them all but considering the fact that for example, shipping from get better records to Europe is more expensive than the record itself, I'm trying to find a place that has them all and save on shipping...

39 minutes ago, qula said:

any idea if there is a place where I can buy inconsolable, rhea sylvia and hirs collective split together?  i need them all but considering the fact that for example, shipping from get better records to Europe is more expensive than the record itself, I'm trying to find a place that has them all and save on shipping...

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/collections/distro

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

As far as I know the split was only offered on Bandcamp and Sister of Christ.

I could be wrong, but I personally haven't seen it on any distros and haven't been able to grab a copy.

it must have been sold by deathwish eu as it is listed as sold out at the moment (never seen it there until it was gone, maybe they only had like couple of copies) I've emailed them if they are planning to restock it - according to get better records site, it was repressed.

1 hour ago, qula said:

it must have been sold by deathwish eu as it is listed as sold out at the moment (never seen it there until it was gone, maybe they only had like couple of copies) I've emailed them if they are planning to restock it - according to get better records site, it was repressed.

Fuck, I really need to track this down. Thou covering Nirvana is seriously the best 

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Fuck, I really need to track this down. Thou covering Nirvana is seriously the best 

it is available here

http://getbetterrecordsnh.limitedrun.com/products/611418-thou-the-hirs-collective-split-lp-sold-out-more-coming-soon

its a second press on pink marble vinyl limited to 311, but I need rhea sylvia and incosolable as well so I'll wait for deathwish response....

and yes, nirvana covers album from thou has been my wet dream for a long time, 6 tracks is not an album but better this than just a single tracks from other releases. And I must admit that hirs collective has done a pretty good job as well

3 minutes ago, qula said:

it is available here

http://getbetterrecordsnh.limitedrun.com/products/611418-thou-the-hirs-collective-split-lp-sold-out-more-coming-soon

its a second press on pink marble vinyl limited to 311, but I need rhea sylvia and incosolable as well so I'll wait for deathwish response....

and yes, nirvana covers album from thou has been my wet dream for a long time, 6 tracks is not an album but better this than just a single tracks from other releases. And I must admit that hirs collective has done a pretty good job as well

Just an FYI, Prepare to wait 1-2 months if ordering from get better.  Try sisters in Christ first if possible.

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Thou needs to cut the shit and just do full album covers of the entire Nirvana discography.

Like 7 or 8 years ago the talk was that Robotic Empire was going to do the Nirvana discography with a different band doing each full album and Thou was going to tackle In Utero in its entirety. The project then became the various artist albums as released. I also would have preferred Thou just do the whole thing.