PO Now THOU - Multiple EPs and new LP

13 minutes ago, Rev. Mike said:

Like 7 or 8 years ago the talk was that Robotic Empire was going to do the Nirvana discography with a different band doing each full album and Thou was going to tackle In Utero in its entirety. The project then became the various artist albums as released. I also would have preferred Thou just do the whole thing.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that. In Utero is the one in particular I'd want them to do the most. Incesticide too, they've really fucking killed the b-sides they've done.

• 3 weeks later...

57 minutes ago, twatay said:

LOL.  Did you listen to it just once?  Could you even make it through?  Thou bringing the pain as only they can hahah

I listened to it a few times since the leak earlier in the week.  But sure think what you want because having opinions and not liking one album as much as other people is unheard of right?

Magus is really good. I’m still breaking it down mentally, but there are multiple parts that are beastly. I have so much Thou in my brain due to their massive discography, so the vocals can get a bit tiresome even though they’re awesome. I think that’ll change once I get a better feel for the lyrics, which seem to be a bit different thematically so that’s interesting. I love the recording... still gritty as hell but I can hear everything so clearly. The only time I ever saw them perform was in a tiny basement about three feet from my face, and one of my favorite things about that experience was how close they sounded to their albums. They’ve always had this very honest and unvarnished approach to album production and I love it, it’s so much heavier and better than the way most metal albums are produced.

• 3 months later...

Anyone interested in picking up some Thou odds and ends? I've maintained an (almost) complete collection, but an impending move is compelling me to break it up. I'd also be interested in trading for the Ceremonies of Humiliation comp, or the reissues of Peasant or Summit. You should be able to see my list here:

https://www.discogs.com/user/bjornbauer/collection?search=thou%20(2)&sort_by=artists_sort

7 hours ago, bjorn said:

Anyone interested in picking up some Thou odds and ends? I've maintained an (almost) complete collection, but an impending move is compelling me to break it up. I'd also be interested in trading for the Ceremonies of Humiliation comp, or the reissues of Peasant or Summit. You should be able to see my list here:

https://www.discogs.com/user/bjornbauer/collection?search=thou%20(2)&sort_by=artists_sort

Might need one thing. I'm missing a color version of one LP and I need to find out which one.