Duster | Official reissues | Numero Group

sorry, i was being sarcastic. i definitely didnt take that ridiculous offer. and while i know i have $700 or so worth of vinyl in those 3 records, i am not looking for that much if someone wants to purchase all 3. would discount heavily. heads up to those who wanna be big OG press ballers.

3 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Not if you wanted the box set more than the OG's! You are holding onto like $700 worth of wax there, though.

I think $700 was (generously) feasible before the reissue.  Unless a Duster completionist comes into a good chunk of money and decides to drop top dollar on VG+ OG copies, this boxset and widely available set of represses will tank aftermarket value.  Knowing Numero I doubt there will be any real quality issues, so I’d personally take that trade if I were in his shoes.  (But I’ve also never been one to obsess over a 1st press.)

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I think $700 was (generously) feasible before the reissue.  Unless a Duster completionist comes into a good chunk of money and decides to drop top dollar on VG+ OG copies, this boxset and widely available set of represses will tank aftermarket value.  Knowing Numero I doubt there will be any real quality issues, so I’d personally take that trade if I were in his shoes.  (But I’ve also never been one to obsess over a 1st press.)

Yeah. Based on the quality of the other Numero box sets I have, I'm going to be very happy with the box set. 

18 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

but... yes.

Aftermarket will certainly tank on the OGs but down to $20 a pop? C'mon, now.

I get where you’re coming from and you make a good point,  but I also wouldn’t be surprised if the [colored] boxset fetched some big bucks right out of the gates.  Duster isn’t exactly a household name and those 500 sold out relatively quick all things considered.  It’ll be interesting to see.  Not trying to defend Karpa’s offer, just a bit of speculation from me.

Edited by Derek™

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I get where you’re coming from and you make a good point,  but I also wouldn’t be surprised if the [colored] boxset fetched some big bucks right out of the gates.  Duster isn’t exactly a household name and those 500 sold out relatively quick all things considered.  It’ll be interesting to see.  Not trying to defend Karpa’s offer, just a bit of speculation from me.

I think the colored box will definitely fetch some $$$ upon release, for sure. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Color variant will eventually show up again, or damaged copies will be offered for less on the site. It’s happened before.

For the person that referred to a few records as “worth of wax”, you sound like a fucking narc. Go home, lay the badge down and kiss your wife child goodnight.

Edited by MyEnemy

6 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

These represses are going to be infinitely better than the cheap Up Records originals.

not taking away from numero group, because literally everything they do is great, but the OG Up versions are really quite good. sound is terrific and the sleeves are nice. obviously less bells and whistles than numero will obviously do, but to say infinitely better seems like an indictment of the quality of the Up versions, which seems a bit hyperbolic. but maybe you just meant that as far as how well numero does on this stuff, and not as an idictment of the OGs.

5 minutes ago, jrodan said:

not taking away from numero group, because literally everything they do is great, but the OG Up versions are really quite good. sound is terrific and the sleeves are nice. obviously less bells and whistles than numero will obviously do, but to say infinitely better seems like an indictment of the quality of the Up versions, which seems a bit hyperbolic. but maybe you just meant that as far as how well numero does on this stuff, and not as an idictment of the OGs.

Definitely meant it in regards to Numero’s quality. Hyperbolic for sure. The originals aren’t bad by any means but just meant it would be useless for someone to seek out the originals unless they are collecting. 

2 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Definitely meant it in regards to Numero’s quality. Hyperbolic for sure. The originals aren’t bad by any means but just meant it would be useless for someone to seek out the originals unless they are collecting. 

ok, i feel that then. 

btw, pretty sure there are a lot of people on this board that are "collecting" ya know? THE HOBBY

8 minutes ago, jrodan said:

ok, i feel that then. 

btw, pretty sure there are a lot of people on this board that are "collecting" ya know? THE HOBBY

But on VC, limited colorways will always take precedence over OG black vinyl.  A 2nd press colored record /500 is a lot more desirable than a 1st press black record /1,000.  At least around these here parts.  You may have to offload those OGs on the Hoffman forums or wherever the audiophiles roam.  (Maybe a Duster Facebook fan group or something?)

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

But on VC, limited colorways will always take precedence over OG black vinyl.  A 2nd press colored record /500 is a lot more desirable than a 1st press black record /1,000.  At least around these here parts.  You may have to offload those OGs on the Hoffman forums or wherever the audiophiles roam.  (Maybe a Duster Facebook fan group or something?)

yeah, this board needs more foreign posters. that is where i am getting some decent offers via discogs, i just hate selling expensive records overseas because it is a hassle and there is so much of a chance something bad can happen on that long journey.

27 minutes ago, jrodan said:

ok, i feel that then. 

Ah yes, THE HOBBY. I’ve been away from the board for a while and I guess the idea of spending hundreds on records that are being reissued has become a foreign idea to me. 

I’m heading up to Seattle to see Duster on Sunday in a few minutes and am spinning these before I leave. I usually listen to the CDs in my car so it has been a while since I have thrown the records on and they sound more solid than I remember. 

1 minute ago, Bronchitis said:

Ah yes, THE HOBBY. I’ve been away from the board for a while and I guess the idea of spending hundreds on records that are being reissued has become a foreign idea to me. 

I’m heading up to Seattle to see Duster on Sunday in a few minutes and am spinning these before I leave. I usually listen to the CDs in my car so it has been a while since I have thrown the records on and they sound more solid than I remember. 

seeing em in SF on thursday! cannot wait! will be spinning the lps this weekend for sure in anticipation. all three are in the running for my best ever Amoeba scores. paid less than $10 a piece for each of them. and i only bought em because i was on a 764-hero and built to spill kick and figured they would sound similar since they were on UP.  

2 minutes ago, jrodan said:

seeing em in SF on thursday! cannot wait! will be spinning the lps this weekend for sure in anticipation. all three are in the running for my best ever Amoeba scores. paid less than $10 a piece for each of them. and i only bought em because i was on a 764-hero and built to spill kick and figured they would sound similar since they were on UP.  

That’s how I found them too. Huge Built to Spill obessive and was going through the Up roster when I was a kid and found these guys. Got all the 12”s from Clay for $12 brand new, I think the 7”s were $3 and I got Valium Aggelein used for like $10 on Discogs. I’m a bit too nostaglic to sell the originals or else I would have cashed in.

I had a music site around 2003, while in high school, and Up Records sent me a padded mailer of some of their releases on CD, two of which were Weekends of Sound and Contemporary Movement. I didn't quite 'get' Duster until very recently but I've been a big fan of 764-Hero since I got those promos. Two good bands.