Duster | Official reissues | Numero Group

not that anyone asked me but i was able to cop nm copies of 'stratosphere' and '1975' at amoeba in LA for $10 each (this was a few years ago) and sold the lp for $175 and ep for $90. oh and i got apex, trance-like for literally $2 and think i sold it for $40.

I was very happy to pay $60 for that boxset. just got their reissue of 'leaves turn inside you' and was super impressed. like damn, they make quality products that look and sound amazing. "there must be a catch!" but the scary thing is that there isn't...

3 hours ago, thelittledipster said:

not that anyone asked me but i was able to cop nm copies of 'stratosphere' and '1975' at amoeba in LA for $10 each (this was a few years ago) and sold the lp for $175 and ep for $90. oh and i got apex, trance-like for literally $2 and think i sold it for $40.

I was very happy to pay $60 for that boxset. just got their reissue of 'leaves turn inside you' and was super impressed. like damn, they make quality products that look and sound amazing. "there must be a catch!" but the scary thing is that there isn't...

Congrats? You’ve unlocked the flipping achievement

3 minutes ago, spoon said:

I’m sure with such a small pressing it’ll be tough to come by but if anyone grabbed an extra or decides to part with a copy I’m definitely interested.

Im being optimistic about obtaining a copy for relatively cheap. The Husker Du color box set sold out in less than an hour. This one took almost 6 to sell out. I feel like the hold out will pay off.

Edited by MyEnemy

Let’s also consider the disgusting amount of money these records have sold for over the years with 0 represses, colored variants, or bells and whistles.  Unless someone throws one up for sale immediately at a modest price, I’m pretty confident the aftermarket will quickly dictate a savage going rate for the /500 box.

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Let’s also consider the disgusting amount of money these records have sold for over the years with 0 represses, colored variants, or bells and whistles.  Unless someone throws one up for sale immediately at a modest price, I’m pretty confident the aftermarket will quickly dictate a savage going rate for the /500 box.

Given it’s only been within the last theee years these records have gone for such crazy prices. Only after the fact that this new breed of bands started talking about being influenced by them and others discovered they missed out. And now these are very readily available and I don’t see Numero OOPing this like they did the  Crimpshrine box set.

Again, being optimistic. Crazier shit has happened pertaining to my record collection.

Edited by MyEnemy

• 1 month later...

Before all the "OMG why isn't Echo, Bravo isn't on Stratosphere this ruins the whole experience blah blah blah" complaints...

On 1/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, copelandkid said:

where might one peep the tracklist for the boxset?

Juno has the track list up now (https://www.juno.co.uk/products/duster-capsule-losing-contact/720078-01/) and looks like Stratosphere faithfully uses the original LP tracklist. Echo, Bravo is listed on side E instead of side A/B.

2 hours ago, KaitouG said:

Echo, Bravo is listed on side E instead of side A/B.

contradicts what pitchfork put up back in January. imagine Juno has the product on hand (or more accurate info at any rate) and should be believed. but it's only another week or so till people start getting these anyway.