Duster | Official reissues | Numero Group

19 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Final Muddguts pressing of S/T before Numero takes this one over in the future.

https://muddguts.com/store/duster-lp

Any idea why they turned off comments on their post about this on Instagram? Seems really strange its the only post of theirs they did it with

52 minutes ago, Coldplay31169 said:

Any idea why they turned off comments on their post about this on Instagram? Seems really strange its the only post of theirs they did it with

I dunno. The band and Muddguts still seem to be cool so I’m not sure what the deal is there. I’d probably turn comments off on anything relating to Duster too since Duster fans on Instagram are insufferable as hell haha

11 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I dunno. The band and Muddguts still seem to be cool so I’m not sure what the deal is there. I’d probably turn comments off on anything relating to Duster too since Duster fans on Instagram are insufferable as hell haha

Duster have like recently exploded with zoomer fans for some reason and now we can't have nice things. I swear their Instagram followers were half of what they are now last year, maybe even less. They have 10k more followers than Built to Spill now for instance. Oh well got a new album.

1 hour ago, Coldplay31169 said:

Duster have like recently exploded with zoomer fans for some reason and now we can't have nice things. I swear their Instagram followers were half of what they are now last year, maybe even less. They have 10k more followers than Built to Spill now for instance. Oh well got a new album.

It’s still really weird to me. I never thought they would blow up the way the did. The initial explosion in 2017ish took me by surprise and it just keeps going. Almost 30 million streams on one song on Spotify is so fucking bonkers to me. I’m not even old but went to a house show they played a couple years ago and was one of the the oldest people there by quite a bit. It was a pretty weird experience. Not trying to sound gatekeepy though - I was a kid when I fell in love with them too and the band gets to laugh their way to the bank.

21 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

It’s still really weird to me. I never thought they would blow up the way the did. The initial explosion in 2017ish took me by surprise and it just keeps going. Almost 30 million streams on one song on Spotify is so fucking bonkers to me. I’m not even old but went to a house show they played a couple years ago and was one of the the oldest people there by quite a bit. It was a pretty weird experience. Not trying to sound gatekeepy though - I was a kid when I fell in love with them too and the band gets to laugh their way to the bank.

Im all about the kids discovering this shit I just wish they weren't so fucking weird about it, ok. 😂

4 minutes ago, Coldplay31169 said:

Im all about the kids discovering this shit I just wish they weren't so fucking weird about it, ok. 😂

I was gonna add an ok to my post about how annoying those people are yesterday but couldn’t bring myself to act like one of those kissasses. 

2 hours ago, Coldplay31169 said:

I blame Alex G and the internet. It’s all good though. Let’s the kids be into good shit.

Also, I’m more than okay about gatekeeping anything and everything. How do you think I became the asshole I am today? Years and years of having to deal with crap and figure it out. The younger generation(s) need more of that to help them along this path. There’s too much “kid gloves” when it comes to how children are with music and culture these days. Not to mention how they speak and act about it as well. 

Edited by MyEnemy

I’ve had to claw and punch my way through plenty of gatekeepers to discover and appreciate bands that I still enjoy today.  I see nothing wrong with it, and I’ll gladly back anyone who acts like a elitist after doing their own exploration and research to establish their tastes.  I can respect that more than anyone who’s spoon-fed their tastes from the latest trending videos on TikTok, and immediately curls into the fetal position when you so much as imply they’re bandwagoning.

It’s cool when bands get more exposure and can afford to record new material or go on bigger tours. I’d never argue that.  I’m not going to pretend that I was listening to Duster in the late 90s but I feel like I got into them pretty organically, and at a fair time.  Anyone who discovered them through TikTok in the last year doesn’t deserve to be burned at the stake, and I don’t feel guilty giving them some shit about it. 🤷‍♂️

There was some kid at the last Duster show I went to who was bragging to these girls in their late 20s (who weren’t there to see the band and were just hanging out at the bar) about how he saw them play before they broke up. He would have been 3 years old or so 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Bronchitis
Not trying to keep talking about times I saw them but just remembered that kid and thought it was funny

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve had to claw and punch my way through plenty of gatekeepers to discover and appreciate bands that I still enjoy today.  I see nothing wrong with it, and I’ll gladly back anyone who acts like a elitist after doing their own exploration and research to establish their tastes.  I can respect that more than anyone who’s spoon-fed their tastes from the latest trending videos on TikTok, and immediately curls into the fetal position when you so much as imply they’re bandwagoning.

It’s cool when bands get more exposure and can afford to record new material or go on bigger tours. I’d never argue that.  I’m not going to pretend that I was listening to Duster in the late 90s but I feel like I got into them pretty organically, and at a fair time.  Anyone who discovered them through TikTok in the last year doesn’t deserve to be burned at the stake, and I don’t feel guilty giving them some shit about it. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been on this board since I was 14 and the experience was almost nonstop gatekeeping for getting into cool bands and shit lol I agree completely with where you’re coming from

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I just snagged one. I have been eyeing this album for awhile, and I couldn't resist this variant. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Fully into it!

Hilarious, but from what I can gauge by on Reditt, kids these days/new collectors have no idea how to be, or what it’s like to be, a deranged completist. It’s pretty wild. Those were/are all my friends. Haha

23 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Fully into it!

Hilarious, but from what I can gauge by on Reditt, kids these days/new collectors have no idea how to be, or what it’s like to be, a deranged completist. It’s pretty wild. Those were/are all my friends. Haha

I grabbed the clear one and am conflicted. $40 for 7”s I straight up got the originals of for exactly 1/5th the price. Well, the two that have already been pressed before. Kinda pointless too since isn’t all of this stuff on the bonus 12” in the box set? But I like this band and am a sucker for records in boxes. I’m glad I don’t collect variants or else I’d be stressed and broke at this point. 

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...