Need shipping help!

I purchased the aural pleasures version of the King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard band but my American contact moved back to Canada. Shipping to Canada from AP is a whopping $21 US. Is there anyone who is kind enough to have me ship  it to them and they in turn can ship it to me in Canada cheaper. It’s the only version I wanted... let me know please. 

• 2 months later...

Question about USPS.  A package from US to Canada I received has the cost of $16.00 clearly marked on the postage.  IF the sender bought additional insurance for $4, would it have shown up on the label?  Meaning, if they paid $20 ($16 + $4 insurance), would the package that I received in Canada only show $16 on the label?

Reason being, I paid $25 shipping for 1LP and when I asked about why I was charged an additional $9 ($16+$9=$25), I was sent a refund only $5 and told the sender bought insurance for an additional $4 that is above the $16 noted on the shipping label.  

Small potatoes, I know, but the seller seemed to already try to scam an extra $9 USD and I don't want to be tricked into letting him take the additional $4 if he is going to be shady like that.

Any clarification is appreciated and will be rewarded with LIKES!!!  Thanks peeps.

18 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Question about USPS.  A package from US to Canada I received has the cost of $16.00 clearly marked on the postage.  IF the sender bought additional insurance for $4, would it have shown up on the label?  Meaning, if they paid $20 ($16 + $4 insurance), would the package that I received in Canada only show $16 on the label?

Reason being, I paid $25 shipping for 1LP and when I asked about why I was charged an additional $9 ($16+$9=$25), I was sent a refund only $5 and told the sender bought insurance for an additional $4 that is above the $16 noted on the shipping label.  

Small potatoes, I know, but the seller seemed to already try to scam an extra $9 USD and I don't want to be tricked into letting him take the additional $4 if he is going to be shady like that.

Any clarification is appreciated and will be rewarded with LIKES!!!  Thanks peeps.

Whenever I've purchased insurance via a PayPal label, it is included in the postage total that appears on the label. It could be different for buying postage in person or via another service like Stamps.com though.

My hunch from what you've provided and my own years of selling and buying records is that the person was trying to avoid losing money on shipping internationally, which can honestly vary wildly in cost depending on where you buy postage, what level of tracking you want, and how heavy the package ends up being, so they chose to charge super high to cover all their bases. Then, when you agreed to pay that much, in their mind, it seemed like the extra $9 was their money/profit now and they decided to be a bit immature and only give you $5 back with a flimsy excuse.

1 minute ago, swb said:

Whenever I've purchased insurance via a PayPal label, it is included in the postage total that appears on the label. It could be different for buying postage in person or via another service like Stamps.com though.

My hunch from what you've provided and my own years of selling and buying records is that the person was trying to avoid losing money on shipping internationally, which can honestly vary wildly in cost depending on where you buy postage, what level of tracking you want, and how heavy the package ends up being, so they chose to charge super high to cover all their bases. Then, when you agreed to pay that much, in their mind, it seemed like the extra $9 was their money/profit now and they decided to be a bit immature and only give you $5 back with a flimsy excuse.

Thanks man, that's what I'm thinking too, but if they overcharged they should just admit and then refund when pointed out. If it was just scamming me out of $4, I'd let it go, but not right after already keeping a full $9 overcharge - even if to protect themselves from undercharging shipping.

To clarify, they paid for postage at the post office and not via PayPal and the postage label says "amount $16"... not sure why USPS would hide $4 insurance and not include that on the label?

I don't want to be a dick to them if i'm incorrect so if anyone else can shed some light, it'd be appreciated.  

Depends if they pack it well and dont have a reused mailer. It says $3.22 on some of my media mail packages but I'm still charging 5 or 6 bucks shipping to cover my time, gas, and materials. Most labels have USPS pick up for them too so charging close to shipping cost makes more sense for them.

1 hour ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Depends if they pack it well and dont have a reused mailer. It says $3.22 on some of my media mail packages but I'm still charging 5 or 6 bucks shipping to cover my time, gas, and materials. Most labels have USPS pick up for them too so charging close to shipping cost makes more sense for them.

Yeah, I charge a flat $5 ($6 on discogs) and typically pay whatever a seller sets when I buy something. I remember when it used to be called "shipping and handling" I dunno if that term is still used because I don't pay too close attention.

Although, sometimes it costs more for me to ship than I charge. I'll throw insurance on there if it's more than a $15 record and I've had that come out to a little more than $5-6 total. But I do insurance to protect myself, because I know a buyer can just go through PayPal and I'm SOL.

9 hours ago, freedumb said:

It 100% will not show the amount paid for insurance.  

6 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

man, I don't charge more than $4 on discogs and on here shipping is included or charge only what usps does, the normal $3.17...guess ive been doing it wrong.

Too much of the vinyl community is cancer for me to care about giving deals like that anymore.

4 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Too much of the vinyl community is cancer for me to care about giving deals like that anymore.

Yup. Even on this site I'm hesitant to offer discounts on anything really unless it's someone I already know/like. I've run into too many turds.

3 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Yup. Even on this site I'm hesitant to offer discounts on anything really unless it's someone I already know/like. I've run into too many turds.

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Unfortunately i totally understand this 100%

Yup and I'm sure both of you remember I used to give some good deals back in the day haha.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:11 PM, Shrekular Haze said:

It 100% will not show the amount paid for insurance.  

Thanks to everyone for the replies, especially this one!  I'd decided to let it go anyways, but now there will be no nagging resentment for feeling like a 'sukka'.

Also thanks for helping me not make an ass out of myself... i do a good enough job as is.  Have a great weekend!  :)