PO: Dashboard Confessional Reissues

16 minutes ago, thomasj182 said:

They lost me at On A Wire I was balls deep into TGUK even though Eudora but for whatever reason i couldn't get into OAW and just kinda lost interest. OAW isn't bad it just never clicked with me. However being older now I feel like I fell out of touch with most of the bands I grew up listening to at some point. Which is probably why I'd buy the shit out of swiss and places hahaha DC lost me on A Mark. The eps he put out drowning and summer, i believe were awesome! I'd even buy those on a 10 or 7. 

I'd pick up the first two DC albums for sure, but speaking to TGUK, OAW miiight be my favorite album from them. I'm one of the few wierdos that loved it from the first listen. It was the first album I ever bought on release day and I thought it was a huge step for the band. 4MM, the eps, and STWHA were amazing, but OAW is so good!

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'd pick up the first two DC albums for sure, but speaking to TGUK, OAW miiight be my favorite album from them. I'm one of the few wierdos that loved it from the first listen. It was the first album I ever bought on release day and I thought it was a huge step for the band. 4MM, the eps, and STWHA were amazing, but OAW is so good!

Love me some On A Wire. I can fuck with most of Guilt Show too.  

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Guilt show kind of lost me, but I still appreciate it for what it is. picked it up when it got reissued, but probably my least fav of the run up until there.

It’s definitely my least favorite of the discography up until that point. I just checked out the new EP and anyone claiming FMM vibes is reaching. Like really reaching. Maybe the time signatures are reminiscent of some early songs but that’s about it. It’s definitely solid for what it is though.

Edited by dantheriver

13 hours ago, thomasj182 said:

Never got in to HRC (I know, I know boo hiss), TGUK, saves the day, julianna theory, and dashboard we're my sitting at home alone thinking about a girl jams in hs lol I still fuxxxx with circa 99-04 tguk, std, and dc but anything post 04 I just can't get into. Any thoughts on the new tguk ep? I kept reading that it harkens back to the 4mm and stwha sounds but I don't hear it at all, it just sounds like tguk, older. 

Yea I don’t think it sounds like 4mm more like guilt show with more distortion.  I like it, sounds better than there are rules

but my “go to” get up kids record is “Eudora”.  The covers are awesome, the demo or 7” versions of ten minutes, forgive and regret, and I’m a loner... are awesome.  It’s just a great compilation and whenever I wanna listen to them that’s the first one I put on

Edited by crossedoutname

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I still have a digital copy of OAW and GS, I'll give em a listen tomorrow when I'm doing lawn work. It's been a hhhhhhhhot minute since I listened to them. I've been blasting swiss army and places at the country club pool i run during the summer while cleaning and make sure everything is good for this weekend's guests and nostalgia has me by the balls! 

2 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

Yea I don’t think it sounds like 4mm more like guilt show with more distortion.  I like it, sounds better than there are rules

but my “go to” get up kids record is “Eudora”.  The covers are awesome, the demo or 7” versions of ten minutes, forgive and regret, and I’m a loner... are awesome.  It’s just a great compilation and whenever I wanna listen to them that’s the first one I put on

I love(d) eudora, i remember buying it while doing some christmas shopping I think my freshman year of college  (december 2001) and not knowing what the hell it was but was excited to see new tguk on the rack at media play. Close to Me and New Found Mass were my jams! I love that haunting piano sound in the beginning of New Found Mass, the version on Loveteller is great but the reworked one in my opinion blows it away! 

13 hours ago, dantheriver said:

It’s definitely my least favorite of the discography up until that point. I just checked out the new EP and anyone claiming FMM vibes is reaching. Like really reaching. Maybe the time signatures are reminiscent of some early songs but that’s about it. It’s definitely solid for what it is though.

Agreed, I listened to it a little this morning on my run and it's a bit on the boring side and really doesn't remind me of anything in their early discography. 

I had an original A Mark, A Mission.... and traded it away so maybe first pressings will come down in price now. Or maybe this eventually gets to super duper clearance and get it for cheap.

Back to TGUK talk, Something is still my favorite. I loved OAW back then and even more now. Guilt Show has some great songs on it too. 4MM was an album I heard after a few had been out so I never really connected with it.

2 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Ya'll ppl hating on A Mark... are really pissing 2003 me off. Grabbed a copy

I really disliked it when it came out, just couldn't connect with it since it was so slick and built out with the full band. DC lost me on that one, but I loved the follow up to it. I only came around to A Mark when I picked up an original pressing for $25 last year intending to make $20 off of it but once I started spinning it I realized I had been missing out on something great all this time and won't sell it now.

I think this reissue might bring a bunch of people around to it.

Just now, Pupples said:

Neither did I! I'm pretty sure more will go back up

I hope so, I was waiting to see if other albums (the first two, or Unplugged) went up so I could save on shipping. My first thought was - it'll come back in stock - but that might just be wishful thinking. Maybe some stock was saved for stores? 

1 minute ago, bridley said:

I hope so, I was waiting to see if other albums (the first two, or Unplugged) went up so I could save on shipping. My first thought was - it'll come back in stock - but that might just be wishful thinking. Maybe some stock was saved for stores? 

UO seems to do pre orders in waves for some reason