PO: Dashboard Confessional Reissues

For those wondering, the version of "Stolen" on Dusk & Summer is the normal one that was released, and not the sped-up radio edit. It seems some stores got both this and A Mark. A Mission... in early. Grabbed both earlier today. 

Also, A Mark. A Mission... is actually a single LP and not a 2x LP, as advertised. 

Edited by olopez6919

8 hours ago, olopez6919 said:

For those wondering, the version of "Stolen" on Dusk & Summer is the normal one that was released, and not the sped-up radio edit.

Assumed it would be the good version, but feared somehow the garbage version would end up on it. Very happy to hear this, thanks for sharing. 

Edited by bridley

1 hour ago, Pupples said:

UO had it listed as a track for this release,  but it's not on it

Soooooo they LIED!???! Lol honestly I knew it was not originally on this album but when I saw it listed on UO website track list I assumed UO had pulled of some licensing magic or something. Disappointed to hear it’s not in fact on their considering I jus got my copy this morning :/

29 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Soooooo they LIED!???! Lol honestly I knew it was not originally on this album but when I saw it listed on UO website track list I assumed UO had pulled of some licensing magic or something. Disappointed to hear it’s not in fact on their considering I jus got my copy this morning :/

I'm disappointed as well. Hopefully they can get The Places You Have pressed

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 6:32 PM, Kanye West said:

So... has anyone listened yet? 

I've heard horrible reviews on sound quality but I don't know if it's just from Krosley Kidz or if they're actually bad. 

Dusk and Summer is fairly unremarkable. I wasn't expecting it to be some kind of revelation of a pressing nor remastered for vinyl, but it is not so bad that it warrants the tears being shed about it in the UO and Discogs reviews.

2 hours ago, bridley said:

Dusk and Summer is fairly unremarkable. I wasn't expecting it to be some kind of revelation of a pressing nor remastered for vinyl, but it is not so bad that it warrants the tears being shed about it in the UO and Discogs reviews.

This was my same experience about A Mark. It was a pretty ho hum average 2018 vinyl release. The only thing I can confirm is that, volume-wise, it is pretty low and I had to crank up the dial. As far as the Discogs complaints about it sounding like it was dragged across pavement or it being the worst record one has ever heard or that it was so CD sourced that it ruined the entire experience, I didn't have those thoughts while listening. My system is medium/high low end, as well. Uturn Orbit, Grado Black 2 cartridge, cheap pre-amp, Schitt Mani 2 headphone amp, Sennheiser 498 headphones. Nothing too fancy and not Crosley.

Edited by swb

On 8/23/2018 at 11:59 AM, juba said:

wait is vindicated not on dusk?

Technically "Vindicated" was on Dusk And Summer two different times. On the original release, it's a hidden pre-gap track (if you put the CD in a regular CD player and hold down the rewind button from track 1, you can get to it). The album was later re-released with "Vindicated" in the middle of the tracklisting, as well as the revised version of "Stolen."

I read those Discogs reviews and had to add my own, they are misleading and extreme compared to what i hear from these releases.  Was disappointed the Mark album wasn't 2LPs though.... was looking forward to that. Are they more dynamic versions than the CDs? Nope, but they do not sound horrible at all.  For me they were worth the price, but they may not be fore everyone.

15 minutes ago, niblips said:

I read those Discogs reviews and had to add my own, they are misleading and extreme compared to what i hear from these releases.  Was disappointed the Mark album wasn't 2LPs though.... was looking forward to that. Are they more dynamic versions than the CDs? Nope, but they do not sound horrible at all.  For me they were worth the price, but they may not be fore everyone.

Worth the price? Aren't they like $28/each...

I mean, even it was cut by Bernie Bergman at Mobile Audio Experts Lab and receive an AAA accredited Hoffman star, no Dashboard album is really 'worth' $30. But, if you like the album and you are already voluntarily part of a hobby where albums cost $28, it is fine. If you have the album on CD and want something way better in order to justify buying a copy in another medium, then I think you should hold off because this isn't a special vinyl album at all, packaging or sound wise.