PO NOW: Kanye West - Ye

3 minutes ago, underwaterzoo said:

Should I jump on this? There is a vague notion these are limited in some way, I’m not sure if I should pull the trigger now or wait.

Why not get them now, they are super affordable and won't be cheaper in the future even if they stay in print.

13 minutes ago, Tamubro said:

Has to be, right? 

Ye did 208,000 equivalent album units this past week (Nielson Music)

Are you sure it's 20k vinyl copies? I was under the impression 20k was the combined number of vinyl, cd and digital downloads (sold independently and coupled with the hoodie/shirt) and that the additional 208 equivalent was from Spotify and Apple streams. 

4 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

Are you sure it's 20k vinyl copies? I was under the impression 20k was the combined number of vinyl, cd and digital downloads (sold independently and coupled with the hoodie/shirt) and that the additional 208 equivalent was from Spotify and Apple streams. 

Vinyl only.

Both Ye and KSG were launched with a ceiling inventory quantity of 100,000 copies each on the website. The tallies I posted above are how many have sold of each vinyl since they went live. I never paid attention to the sales of the CD's or any other items, but both vinyl have slowly trickled down from 100k.

Daytona is a bit different. At some point I believe inventory on that item "reset" back to 100k, but Ye and KSG haven't (yet).

Edit: so yeah, if you count the bundles that include the vinyl the numbers go up a little bit. But some of those size/vinyl bundles have sold just a handful of copies so far.

Edited by lethalenforcer

20 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Fuckin Fantano.  I liked him when he first started, but my god he is completely insufferable nowadays.

Have to agree. Like, as if this record was on the same timeless level as to pimp a butterfly...seriously. If you love this record, more power to you, but it's just not on the same fucking level. Don't wanna sound like an asshole but this record is just not going to be looked at as a major milestone in music one or two years from now.

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

Have to agree. Like, as if this record was on the same timeless level as to pimp a butterfly...seriously. If you love this record, more power to you, but it's just not on the same fucking level. Don't wanna sound like an asshole but this record is just not going to be looked at as a major milestone in music one or two years from now.

I don't know where this record will wind up in history, and frankly couldn't care less, but my comment had nothing to do with the quality of this record and had to do with Fantano being unbearable.

all the people that complain about fantano are just salty his views on music differ than there’s. nothing else.

ya’ll need to grow up and stop crying every time he does or doesn’t like something you do or don’t. it’s called freedom of speech and if you don’t agree with his scores, don’t watch his videos. it’s not like an elite institution is writing these scores in stone like they actually count for something.

It’s rather sad how crazy people get about his reviews.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

all the people that complain about fantano are just salty his views on music differ than there’s. nothing else.

ya’ll need to grow up and stop crying every time he does or doesn’t like something you do or don’t. it’s called freedom of speech and if you don’t agree with his scores, don’t watch his videos. it’s not like an elite institution is writing these scores in stone like they actually count for something.

Theirs*

I think it's mostly that people don't like his personality more than they disagree with his taste.

I don't think I've ever watched one of his reviews and I can tell by the preview photos I've seen that I'll find him insufferable. Just looks like ever star-fucking hipster I've ever seen to the 10th degree.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Theirs*

and y’all*

all the people that complain are just salty

ya’ll need to grow up

stop crying every time

it’s called freedom of speech

if you don’t agree... don’t watch

It’s rather sad

how crazy people get

this is just a smorgasbord of as-seen-on-the-internet cliches