Bedroom Speakers for Pro-Ject set up

Hello,

I am going to be running a Project Essential III into a Project Phono Box DC.

Can anyone please recommend the best speakers on a budget? This will just be for my bedroom, so dont need anything crazy. 

Also, how do you plug 2 speakers into the output of the phono box? One speaker goes in red and one goes in white?  Do I need a converter if the speakers use speaker wire vs digital wiring? 

Excuse my ignorance... 

Edited by tokimedo

okay, so for the speakers this is just a preamp not an amplifier. So for speakers that require power (like the ones that just take wires) you need an amp. You can run powered monitors. Not recommending these specifically but here's an example. You take the cable to either the L or R channel on the unbalanced input on the speaker. so like left monitor goes preamp out left channel to unbalanced input on the left speaker input.

https://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G2-Powered-Monitor-Speaker/dp/B001A6G6CY

3 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

okay, so for the speakers this is just a preamp not an amplifier. So for speakers that require power (like the ones that just take wires) you need an amp. You can run powered monitors. Not recommending these specifically but here's an example. You take the cable to either the L or R channel on the unbalanced input on the speaker. so like left monitor goes preamp out left channel to unbalanced input on the left speaker input.

https://www.amazon.com/KRK-RP5G2-Powered-Monitor-Speaker/dp/B001A6G6CY

i think ive figured it out? let me know your thoughts...

running essential III  into my pro-ject phono box DC.... then from there im going to run RCA to RCA on Mackie CR4 powered speaker. from there, im going to run speaker cable from the powered monitor to the passive monitor and I should be golden?

https://www.amazon.com/Mackie-CR4-Pair-Reference-Multimedia/dp/B00KVEIY4O/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1528683479&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=mackie+cr4&psc=1

15 hours ago, yanquiuxo said:

That setup would be functional, not speaking to anything as far as sound quality goes... but the sound from the turntable would definitely come out of those speakers with the setup you are describing

got any speakers in the $150 range that work the same way youd suggest?