PO NOW : SUMAC - Love In Shadow

Its seems there is an new Sumac LP, already available at Thril Jockey :

https://thrilljockey.com/products/love-in-shadow

SUMAC, the trio of Aaron Turner (Isis, Old Man Gloom), Nick Yachyshyn (Baptists), and Brian Cook (Russian Circles), are always searching for a new approaches and challenges. Love In Shadow is a brutalizing dive into love and all its raw emotions. Turner’s nimble songwriting combusted with the road-honed intuition and technical prowess of his bandmates results in a sound that is at once complex and primal. Riffs lurch into psychotropic scrapes, drum fills are distended and mangled, and Turner’s voice carries the weight of a strife that is colossal in both volume and austerity.

Recorded live in a single room at Robert Lang Studios in Washington by Kurt Ballou (Converge), who later mixed the album at his own studio God CityLove In Shadow ushers in a more improvisational songwriting approach for SUMAC - a sea change galvanized by their collaboration with Keiji Haino. Finding comfort in the negative spaces within each track’s borderland was the trio’s primary goal in writing the four massive tracks comprising Love In Shadow.

On the album's emotional motif, guitarist/vocalist Aaron Turner says: “Since many of the surface level aspects of our being are often used as divisive tools to separate/alienate us from one another, the intent here is reveal that at our base level all humans desire and need to be loved and accepted for who they are, for just being.”

2xLP pressed on virgin vinyl, packaged in a wide spine jacket printed on uncoated stock with custom high gloss slipcase and free download card.  Limited quantities of vinyl pressed on clear vinyl with pink and black high melt. 

Edited by archiced

I think we’re good.  Thrill Jockey posted an official announcement for the PO about 15 minutes after this thread was created.  In it, they mentioned the full description of the variant and encouraged everyone to go order it now.  I’m sure “Pink” is just easier to fit into the dropdown selector.

Also, the clear (limited) variant of Sumac’s last album stayed in stock for a bit, if I recall. Just weird to see no other vinyl options.  They must have a second variant already picked and standing by.

6 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Adding this to the 'order on payday' list

Same. I'm glad so many are ordering though. Hope it lasts a while. I got charged for an expensive RT order made a month ago today so money's tight (and there's that Vaperror tomorrow).

Y'all should check out the PO for The Body's I Have Fought Against It... reissue shipping in mid-July while you're at it. Looks like the best variant so far. "Clear with hi-melt gold" 

Edit: Thrilljockey website updating quantity in the tabs is quality. Wish every other label website did that too.

Edited by arumajiro 零 一つ

For those keeping score, Thrill can't seem to decide what variant they'll be getting for this record, I guess, because it's now "Opaque Pink w/ Black Streaks".  All variants seem fitting so far but I was hoping to see what that black-pink hi-melt was all about.

Kind of hoping we don't get a "single" since there's only 4 tracks on the album.  Maybe an excerpt.