PO Now: The Black Queen - Infinite Games

Hate when they do just  the vinyl cover mockup and  a single song (although I dig it)  before release :)  Hope they'll have some records on tour with them  or do another run/pressing .

btw. Im seeing some stores still having them   as an preorder so is there a possibility that they will be cutting out the orders if the  first pressing is super limited like it was for the first record and as its already sold out on the official store?

Edited by setonfire

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Listening to the dl and it's a lot sleepier than the first one. Maybe it will grow on me, but I'm not blown away like when I heard the first record. 

Thought the same upon first listen but then I realized I was sitting in a sunny bedroom and it didn't lend itself in the slightest. Wait till its dark, find a back ass road, and throw this on in your car with the bass cranked way the fuck up.

Makes a world of difference.

1 hour ago, daegor said:

Yeah it needs to be listened to loud.  Most of the time Greg is quiet AND low in the mix.

There is less immediate impact, but I found it extremely enjoyable.  I think this will really grow over time.

Nighttime is also a must. Driving a definite plus.

9 minutes ago, nevelsaynevels said:

anyone else get theirs? Still haven't gotten mine and getting antzy.

Via Facebook: 

Regarding bandcamp orders, they are all out/en route. There were a lot more of these orders than any other kind, and it takes forever to box and mail them, particularly bundles, so it took longer. As you know, we are not a giant company, and even though we obviously aren’t mailing everything ourself this time, our shippers still aren’t Amazon-sized, so we thank you for being patient. You should be receiving them basically now, and onward. Please post and tag them when you get them if you’re so inclined, so we can stop worrying too. Part of being control freaks also means that we’re freaked the fuck out whenever we relinquish control over something, and since the shipping is completely out of our hands this time, seeing you receive your albums gives us as much peace as it does you. Thanks again everyone. -Greg, Steve, Josh

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

I ordered a second copy off Amazon since it was listed on there after it was sold out on their Bandcamp and whatnot. Just got shipping confirmation and tracking today. I'm actually surprised they filled this at all as I was expecting the order to get canceled. I'm assuming it's the /1,000 variant but I guess we'll see what shows up.

3 hours ago, jeffthomas84 said:

You're not alone, mine is the /233 merge... Still waiting.

Sames, /233 swirl

the lack of tracking and refusal to answer emails sent to band camp is frustrating, but were only a month out from the release date. I’m not too worried yet.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Via Facebook: 

Regarding bandcamp orders, they are all out/en route. There were a lot more of these orders than any other kind, and it takes forever to box and mail them, particularly bundles, so it took longer. As you know, we are not a giant company, and even though we obviously aren’t mailing everything ourself this time, our shippers still aren’t Amazon-sized, so we thank you for being patient. You should be receiving them basically now, and onward. Please post and tag them when you get them if you’re so inclined, so we can stop worrying too. Part of being control freaks also means that we’re freaked the fuck out whenever we relinquish control over something, and since the shipping is completely out of our hands this time, seeing you receive your albums gives us as much peace as it does you. Thanks again everyone. -Greg, Steve, Josh

Alright, so the passage of time has determined this to be bullshit. The dudes are touring Europe so they're obviously not handling distribution, but whoever IS handling is really bungling it. No response to any messages and as far as I can tell no one's received their bandcamp orders.

Or maybe they have, the different black versions are hard to keep track of... but has ANYONE who ordered a clear or swirl /233 received their package yet? I'm pretty sure I'm past the paypal dispute window on this one...

Again, it's obviously not the band handling this process so I'm not peeved with them, but whoever they contracted to do this work is making the band look like jackasses.

When was this due, last month or something?  What are people even upset about?  I don't even start feeling concerned or asking questions until it's been like 3 months past the shipping date.  Even then, if it's addressed (as it has been in this case) I'm totally chill.

I think probably 1 in 5 pre-orders I place end up more than 3 months delayed.  I have pre-orders well over a year delayed and I'm chill because the label/band has kept me up to date.

Don't ever open a dispute unless you ask for a refund and you don't hear back for a long time (like, at least a week, I usually wait closer to a month).  PayPal's dispute window is something insane like 9 months.

No one is going to take your money and run, I think in the thousands of orders I've placed I've had that happen once for a cassette.

1 hour ago, daegor said:

When was this due, last month or something?  What are people even upset about?  I don't even start feeling concerned or asking questions until it's been like 3 months past the shipping date.  Even then, if it's addressed (as it has been in this case) I'm totally chill.

I think probably 1 in 5 pre-orders I place end up more than 3 months delayed.  I have pre-orders well over a year delayed and I'm chill because the label/band has kept me up to date.

Don't ever open a dispute unless you ask for a refund and you don't hear back for a long time (like, at least a week, I usually wait closer to a month).  PayPal's dispute window is something insane like 9 months.

No one is going to take your money and run, I think in the thousands of orders I've placed I've had that happen once for a cassette.

Maybe I can speak to this rationally. I've had plenty of preorders go months past the release date and show up without worrying. However those late orders are usually predicated on delays at the plant or other such factors that are made known. And I love to chastise people for getting uppity about small delays in the order process. Like this is stuff put together by people who make mistakes and get delayed, shit happens.

This situation irks me however, for the fact that as far as Greg and the rest of the band knew, every order went out a while ago.. well within a time frame that they should have all arrived by now. I've just been watching discogs and this thread to see if any errant orders have shown up, just for verification that they are indeed out in the wild and in transit.

But lo and behold, it looks like no one's gotten their bundles and when they're across the ocean touring with little to no control over this process, someone stateside should probably have something to say about it when people ask (I made one single inquiry to bandcamp re: my order, this morning, at the same time as this post and a similar one on their facebook page), and it seems like people who have been asking for a while have gotten silence.

Just my two cents, I don't think the band is to blame at all and the offhand paypal dispute comment was more a kneejerk reaction to the renewed Blake Judd nonsense. I have no doubt that if something were to happen and these orders were to not show up, everyone would be reimbursed fairly.