PO NOW: Foxing - Nearer My God

1 hour ago, CatsNJazz said:

I really like the song, the vocal harmonies are sick, but I did not get the video at all lol

Ha agreed. All I can get from it is that his character is literally giving everything they have to support the creature. Studying botany (the study of plants), exercising, giving blood. So not sure how that ties into the song. Loving this song, I only like to listen to singles at most twice before an album to avoid ruining it, so someone else please explain ha.

1 hour ago, CatsNJazz said:

I love both, but Dealer is better, Albatross is just more immediate and has more energy throughout

Yeah I totally get that. I can definitely see why people would like Albatross more. It was probably hard to follow that up; I mean, given that Albatross was their debut, it probably set certain expectations for their future stuff, and Dealer is very different.

2 hours ago, erasedtapes said:

No Dealer fans here? That's interesting. I must be the weird one who didn't go gaga over The Albatross but loved Dealer.

23 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

I was just thinking the other day we were about due for a new Foxing album.  “The Dealer” was my favorite album of the year when it came out so I can’t wait to hear this.

Dealer is awesome - but this record is on another level. It’s nothing like Albatross. It’s nothing like Dealer. It’s not an emo record. It’s transcendent - it touches on so many unique and crazy as fuck ideas throughout its 12 track that can’t categorize this record. I haven’t reacted this viscerally and emotionally to a record since the first time I heard sunbather so jumped aboard the Drew Beringer hype train we aren't stopping anytime soon.

• 4 weeks later...

absolutely blown away by the concept! Just watched the German version (my mother tongue) and I have to say, it was surprisingly intense - they definitely put a lot of effort into it, and even the lip syncing seems to fit the foreign language really well (the title only suggests German audio, and I'm not sure if they went to the lengths of shooting the same video for each respective language). Despite minor changes I can't really follow (og: "America's pool boy" - German: "Amerikas Posterboy") they pulled it off pretty nicely.

Most of the times American's singing in German sound rather stupid but this one is different. Now I'm all ears for more upcoming material (and a part of me wishes they'd do that for the whole album!).

2 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

absolutely blown away by the concept! Just watched the German version (my mother tongue) and I have to say, it was surprisingly intense - they definitely put a lot of effort into it, and even the lip syncing seems to fit the foreign language really well (the title only suggests German audio, and I'm not sure if they went to the lengths of shooting the same video for each respective language). Despite minor changes I can't really follow (og: "America's pool boy" - German: "Amerikas Posterboy") they pulled it off pretty nicely.

Most of the times American's singing in German sound rather stupid but this one is different. Now I'm all ears for more upcoming material (and a part of me wishes they'd do that for the whole album!).

im pretty sure they did 5 takes, its cool! Was also pleasantly surprised by the german version, like the japanese one as well! (i bet it required a lot of effort to pull this of!)