PO NOW: Foxing - Nearer My God

2 hours ago, rickydenim said:

Hows the pressing guys? Keen to pick up the bone splatter variant. I think the production sounds amazing so hoping this is noise free with lots of dynamics

I have the bone white variant, it sounds great. Almost zero surface noise. I did a rip of it I can share if you PM me (done with good equipment).

Alright, I first heard about Foxing during the Dealer album cycle, and because I hated that album so much I stubbornly refused to listen to The Albatross, even though it's their most well-regarded record. Gotta say this new LP is really hitting the spot and making me wanna go back and finally give TA a whirl.

5 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Alright, I first heard about Foxing during the Dealer album cycle, and because I hated that album so much I stubbornly refused to listen to The Albatross, even though it's their most well-regarded record. Gotta say this new LP is really hitting the spot and making me wanna go back and finally give TA a whirl.

I actually revisited Albatross just yesterday for the first time in a while.  It's still a nice listen, but I'm confident in saying that NMG has ruined everything that precedes it, for me and this band.

Been listening to this a lot and I can’t believe how many 2000s indie touchstones I hear that I never would have associated with Foxing.  Some songs sound like Modest Mouse or Radiohead. His voice sounds like Bon Iver sometimes, at other times TV on the Radio and even Band of Horses. The beginning of Lambert sounds like The National to me. Heartbeats sounds almost like a Kanye beat. 

Just now, Dougie Jones said:

I really dig this album. For other reasons than the first two. I can't wait to see how they sound live. They always kill it.

I caught them at Arctangent festival over here at the weekend. They played Grand Paradise, Heartbeats, Nearer My God and Slapstick from the new record. IT SLAPPED - probably my favourite set over the whole weekend. I'd seen them before so I had a rough idea what I was getting into, but on a festival stage with great sound they were legitimately on another level. I'm dying to see them again already! 

On 8/22/2018 at 9:00 AM, dawhizz said:

Been listening to this a lot and I can’t believe how many 2000s indie touchstones I hear that I never would have associated with Foxing.  Some songs sound like Modest Mouse or Radiohead. His voice sounds like Bon Iver sometimes, at other times TV on the Radio and even Band of Horses. The beginning of Lambert sounds like The National to me. Heartbeats sounds almost like a Kanye beat. 

Where did you get Modest Mouse out of curiosity?  It wouldn’t surprise me because on first listen - and subsequent ones - I swear that I hear traces of M83, Coldplay, and Kings of Leon at times.  Which, on paper, totally shouldn’t work for me – the fact it does, though, says a lot about the songwriting and musicianship.  There’s also a track near the end that feels like it beckons a punchy, early Brand New vocal delivery.  The thought pops into my head every time I hear it.

35 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Where did you get Modest Mouse out of curiosity?  It wouldn’t surprise me because on first listen - and subsequent ones - I swear that I hear traces of M83, Coldplay, and Kings of Leon at times.  Which, on paper, totally shouldn’t work for me – the fact it does, though, says a lot about the songwriting and musicianship.  There’s also a track near the end that feels like it beckons a punchy, early Brand New vocal delivery.  The thought pops into my head every time I hear it.

Definitely agree with the Brand New vibes. 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Definitely get early Brand New vibe during the end of Bastardizer and more recent Brand New vibe during Won’t Drown and Heartbeats. 

Edited by Juturna90

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I think it’s the vocals on Grand Paradise that remind me of Modest Mouse. And it’s funny you mention Brand New because I keep thinking that Lich Prince wouldn’t sound out of place on Science Fiction. 

• 3 months later...