PO NOW: Foxing - Nearer My God

1 hour ago, Shrekular Haze said:

Never heard this band.

Going to hear this band.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Lich Prince is probably my favorite song, followed by Grand Paradise. Bastardizer is really good too but it took a few listens for me to notice how god damn good it is. I'm completely blown away by this album and I've been listening to it non stop. Dealer was my favorite album of 2015 and this will probably end up as my favorite album of 2018

20 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

You're welcome.

Lich Prince is probably my favorite song, followed by Grand Paradise. Bastardizer is really good too but it took a few listens for me to notice how god damn good it is. I'm completely blown away by this album and I've been listening to it non stop. Dealer was my favorite album of 2015 and this will probably end up as my favorite album of 2018

Lich Prince is definitely my top. Heartbeats too. I want to know if that arrangement in the song is an original composition. 

I'm a fan of the stupid bleeping in Trapped In Dillards. After 4 listens the only song I'm not head over heels for is Crown Candy. The whole album is a middle ground between Foxing and Smidley. I hoped that wouldn't happen because a few of the Smidley songs are terrible but they did it and I was wrong which is cool.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Is this the best Foxing record to date?  I think this may be the best Foxing record to date.

Definitely the best to date. Didn’t think that would happen because I love Dealer so much but this album is so unique. The bagpipes in Bastardizer, the synthy pop vibes in Heartbeats and Trapped In Dillard’s. Also Lich Prince and Won’t Drown are my their top tracks from this album. 

4 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

Anyone else not a fan of the big production on this album? I feel like the songs are great but everything is so overdone, I liked the relative simplicity of Albatross and Dealer a bit better... need to listen a few more times though. 

Did you dislike the Albatross remaster? I dont think the production is any less "big" here. Sounds like you don't like the new instruments not the production.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:03 AM, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Did you dislike the Albatross remaster? I dont think the production is any less "big" here. Sounds like you don't like the new instruments not the production.

I don't know that I've heard the original Albatross. But I love that album and Dealer. Maybe it is an instrumentation thing. A few tracks are already growing on me, but the band has a much bigger sound on NMG, I think it's just an adjustment for me.