Po : Real Friends - Composure

Makes sense why they are on Warped Tour now with this release. Has this bands popularity just fallen off? Grabbed a /250 which surprises me. Also, can I just say that really like these shorter pre-order release windows lately? The release date for this is July 13th, so like 3 weeks, as opposed to the ridiculous 4 month long teases we used to get.

As for the song, I really like this poppier direction for this single. Is it just me or does it sound kinda like "Direction" era Starting Line? The pianos especially.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really impressed by the fact that this arrived today, on the day the album dropped.

Usually we're waiting weeks or even months to have the actual record in hand.  Gotta give it up to them.

Also, new Lydia arrived today...On release day.  This is the way that things ought to be done.

Big props to Real Friends & Lydia today.  Stay gold.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
56 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Of interest to the pop punk gang. New song from Real Friends. New singer, on Pure Noise. Apparently it's some dude named Cody Muraro from Youth Fountain, which apparently were also on PN and I 100% did not listen to.

Man, i don't know what to think of this. He sounded better in Youth Fountain. This doesn't even sound like Real Friends instrumentally, but it's still good pop punk.

I guess maybe this is why Cody left the other dude hanging in Youth Fountain. I really enjoyed the two vocalists.

Edited by HardlineKid

9 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

Man, i don't know what to think of this. He sounded better in Youth Fountain. This doesn't even sound like Real Friends instrumentally, but it's still good pop punk.

This was my feeling. It's good pop-punk but feels a little more by the books, nothing super distinctive in my head from this and like Sunrise Skater Kids.