PO: Sufjan Stevens - The Avalanche (8/31)

3 minutes ago, achillesstand7 said:

This album was always overshadowed for me by Illinois and I don't think I ever really gave it a fair listen. I probably couldn't even name any songs off of it. I'll have to change that.

I mean...that makes sense since it's just the outtakes from Illinois. Still solid, but you feel how you should about this.

Still excited about it though!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone received their copy yet? I know it had a release date of 8/31 and appears to be no longer just a pre-order on the AKR site. I ordered through SoundStageDirect anyway, but I'm anxious to get my hands on this record - I've been waiting a long time for it to be pressed.

Also +1 on the Springfield track, it's one of my favorite Sufjan songs.

3 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

Has anyone received their copy yet? I know it had a release date of 8/31 and appears to be no longer just a pre-order on the AKR site. I ordered through SoundStageDirect anyway, but I'm anxious to get my hands on this record - I've been waiting a long time for it to be pressed.

Oh boy, good luck with SoundStage Direct.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-ordered-recently-from-soundstagedirect.725078/

4 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

Got mine about a week ago, from ccmusic.

42 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

Saw it, in store, at Sound Garden last weekend. 

50 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

I got one from Bullmoose and it came on probably Aug. 28. I remember being excited to get it a little early.

Edited by Ishtar

5 hours ago, DC1221 said:

This is very sad, I knew I should have waited for others to release this - I learned my lesson and then some after reading the Steve Hoffman thread. I'll place an order with AKR or BM in the meantime as I am too anxious, thanks!

Edited by bluethumb