I was made aware of this via the Fuel Sunburn thread some weeks ago.  Apparently there is an insert in the Eve 6 Horrorscope Wargod pressing that has these two Stabbing Westward albums coming soon.  Thought I'd start up a thread for this already.  There might only be a handful of people on VC board as excited as I am about these.  Maybe Wargod will stop in and provide us with updates on it.  :D

this is the only picture i can find on the internet.  i can see the insert and the bottom left and bottom middle are the stabbing westward albums, sponge rotting pinata is a little clearer to see in the top right.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg1TaVBFiR6/?taken-by=wargodcollective

Edited by thesecrets0308
link

3 hours ago, ntslash said:

That's been #1 on my wantlist for 5 years now. 

A few years back, a seller on eBay had a bunch of NOS copies with a hole punch through the bar code for $30.  I jumped on one super quick.  So, while I'm glad it's being reissued, I'm not dying for it.  If they do something extra for the anniversary, I'll probably get sucked in and grab a new copy.  But I'd rather see Wax get pressed since it never was. 

But man, Rotting Pinata is such an underrated, incredible grunge record.  It was lumped in with some copycat Pearl Jam bands, but I think they carved out their own personality separate from PJ and STP.

Stoked to see all the excitement for Stabbing Westward. The band just approved Darkest Days test presses and we somehow managed to track down the original art files from Dave McKean - 20 years old! Those should be ready in the fall. Sponge will be going into production shortly too. 

1 minute ago, Wargod said:

Stoked to see all the excitement for Stabbing Westward. The band just approved Darkest Days test presses and we somehow managed to track down the original art files from Dave McKean - 20 years old! Those should be ready in the fall. Sponge will be going into production shortly too. 

Sweet, thanks for the update!!

3 minutes ago, Wargod said:

When you say those should be ready in the fall, do you mean Darkest Days and WBBP or just DD?  Either way, yeah... super stoked for it.  Definitely a few of us in here also pumped for the Sponge album.  Has Wax Ecstatic been looked into at all?

37 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

When you say those should be ready in the fall, do you mean Darkest Days and WBBP or just DD?  Either way, yeah... super stoked for it.  Definitely a few of us in here also pumped for the Sponge album.  Has Wax Ecstatic been looked into at all?

DD and WBBP are likely going to have simultaneous release dates.

Will definitely look at Wax Ecstatic too but want to see how Rotting Pinata does first.

4 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

A giant candy corn picture disc. <-- is what i don't want.

Preach

Edit:  but if they did a "Candy Corn Splatter" like the Trick 'r Treat from Waxwork, I'd be down - as long as there weren't fidelity issues like with that one.   Add in a 7" of b-sides or something and I'm all in.

Edited by highfives