April 3rd we release Reel / Pale skin 7” through @holyroarrecords. 
One time pressing limited to 1000 copies.

With this 7”, we wanted to give something back and have chosen to donate part of the proceeds to a few local charities that support the less fortunate and their fight against poverty. 
Preorders start on March 16th!

We headed into the studio, in between our tours with pelican and soft kill, recording ‘Reel’ and ‘Pale Skin’. The lyrics on both tracks share the pain of withdrawal, the trials and tribulations we face when coming to terms with the need for change in order to step away from addictions, habits or behaviours that cause us harm. Whether it be something as plainly, blatantly obvious as the need to recover from alcohol or substance abuse, or a habit that appears so socially accepted that you may not even realise it is taking control and limiting your potential, such as addiction to social media, a problematic relationship with food or always wanting to please people and putting your own (mental) health in second place. It’s easy to take for granted but everyone is going through something in their lives that can make them feel unhappy and it may be harder to admit you need help for the smaller stuff. What I think I’m trying to say is, be kind to yourself and look out for one another.

Stills taken from the upcoming video by Bobby Pook.

Be sure to catch us on one of our upcoming tours.

89184149_893008447800897_117093042703302

89287352_893008454467563_554131079892566

Awesome! Hopefully Deathwish can get some copies @CalebDW (I know Caleb hasn't been on here in a while but it's worth a shot)

Hey @gazzo do you want to make this an official Slow Crush thread kind of like the Nine Inch Nails thread since we've now covered Aurora, Ease and the 7"?

Edited by N8TRU

• 2 weeks later...

Preorders are live (although DW not yet it seems)

800 x Eco vinyl
100 x Black vinyl
100 x Mr Blue sky (Deathwish Inc. exclusive)

eco_7__vinyl_1080x.jpg?v=1583498088

eco variant

edit; more info about both charities they are supporting with half of the proceeds going to them

With this 7”, we wanted to give something back and have chosen to donate part of the proceeds to a few local charities that support the less fortunate and their fight against poverty.

The first charity is DoucheFLUX who seek to restore people's energy, dignity and self-esteem, so that they can start rebuilding their own future by escaping homelessness or avoiding a return to it.

The second, BruZelle, helps collect and distribute sanitary towels as well as raising awareness, communicating and educating about menstrual poverty – having to make the choice between general basic necessities, to survive, over menstrual protection.

Edited by gazzo

8 minutes ago, qula said:

do you folks think it that some copies od /100 deathwish variant will find its way to deathwish.eu? 23$ for a shipping of a single 7' to europe is a sad record i think...

I am afraid not. Think your best option is contacting Isa or Jelle from the band, but i think they are only receiving 2 variants. No idea 🤷🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, gazzo said:

I am afraid not. Think your best option is contacting Isa or Jelle from the band, but i think they are only receiving 2 variants. No idea 🤷🏻‍♂️

thanks for the info, thair bandcamp offers eco and black versions, although the black one redirects you to the holy roar subscription purchase...so looks like only /800 version from them. Thats a bummer to be in time to purchase /100 version but resign because of the costs...

16 hours ago, qula said:

do you folks think it that some copies od /100 deathwish variant will find its way to deathwish.eu? 23$ for a shipping of a single 7' to europe is a sad record i think...

I love the band, and 100 copies is a very small number, so I just bought regardless.  Not cheap, but worth it IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our single Reel has been out for 4 weeks! Thanks for all the love.
Still some vinyl copies available.

Since bandcamp is waiving all their fees today we’ve decided to put up two of the test presses of Aurora. Helping to cover expenses lost on cxld tours.

We’ll put two of them up on different times during the day to give everyone one a fair shot keeping time zones in mind. We’ll ask a correct amount comparable to production cost. 

Follow us on bandcamp to get a notification when they go up.

https://slowcrush.bandcamp.com/merch

(everything priced in euro goes directly to the band)

• 2 months later...