I am high af right now and am listening for the first time. Two songs in so far and this is pretty amazing. Will update with final first opinions

update: here’s the overall vibe I got.

Think of Aurora as Loveless in terms of atmosphere and noise 

think of Hush as Just For A Day

Both albums are incredible and I’m not picking favorites 

Edited by prowl20

1 minute ago, zdkaiser said:

Did the vinyl release get delayed until Dec 25th? That's what is showing on my local record store's website.

That’s incorrect. 
everything is pressed and printed but still stuck on Czech Republic. 

it should be send out to the german and uk and belgian label. 

the quiet panic/usa one is being distributed by a Canadian company so guess they will arrive a bit later but Dec 25th seems very far fetched

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’d have to check my receipt folder to see exactly where I ordered from, but my spreadsheet notes 10/29 as a shipment date for US copies.  Could’ve changed by now, but yeah… I was not expecting these to be in hand or even ship on release date.

Quiet Panic sent out an update through Bandcamp on Thursday - "Just to keep everyone in the loop, we've experienced some production delays with both the Tennis System & Slow Crush LPs. We hope to have them out to you soon, but it looks like it will be at least a few more weeks, if not longer. We apologize for the delay and will let you know as soon as we have a firm date for shipping."

(and I keep a spreadsheet for pre-orders, too, including a column for street date and a column for notes like this) 

8 hours ago, serotonein said:

Quiet Panic sent out an update through Bandcamp on Thursday - "Just to keep everyone in the loop, we've experienced some production delays with both the Tennis System & Slow Crush LPs. We hope to have them out to you soon, but it looks like it will be at least a few more weeks, if not longer. We apologize for the delay and will let you know as soon as we have a firm date for shipping."

(and I keep a spreadsheet for pre-orders, too, including a column for street date and a column for notes like this) 

Must've missed that e-mail communication but I went and updated my sheet all the same. 👍

Also just wanted to comment that listen #2 – knowing the pace and vibe I was in for – was indeed significantly better, this evening.  Almost like a later-era Whirr headspace, for me.  I like that we have such a nice variety of style between their 2 albums thus far.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got my copy. The black-in-blue colour-in-colour came out exactly how I like! Haven't listened to this thing in ages so it's been a welcome spin. It's made me realise how much more chilled this release is over Aurora, which gets spun a lot here. Aurora is rawer, which is why it's more immediate for anyone listening to the band for the first time; There's so much impact track to track. Hush is a polished, maturer record, it makes me yearn a little for Aurora's pacey moments to prevent me feeling lost in some of the lengthier cuts, but that's not always a bad thing, being lost in some of the tracks that have huge atmospheres and depths is warmth needed some nights.

5 hours ago, whoa said:

Finally got my copy. The black-in-blue colour-in-colour came out exactly how I like! Haven't listened to this thing in ages so it's been a welcome spin. It's made me realise how much more chilled this release is over Aurora, which gets spun a lot here. Aurora is rawer, which is why it's more immediate for anyone listening to the band for the first time; There's so much impact track to track. Hush is a polished, maturer record, it makes me yearn a little for Aurora's pacey moments to prevent me feeling lost in some of the lengthier cuts, but that's not always a bad thing, being lost in some of the tracks that have huge atmospheres and depths is warmth needed some nights.

I'm really enjoying the new album as well. Are you in the US? I haven't found a US shop that has the vinyl in stock. I have it preordered from Zia. 

Most social media posts seem to be coming from UK/EU. I ordered from Quiet Panic and it hasn't shipped so I assume they're on their way to the US.

5 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

I'm really enjoying the new album as well. Are you in the US? I haven't found a US shop that has the vinyl in stock. I have it preordered from Zia. 

3 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

If you order from Quiet Panic’s store, do they send you a download after purchase?

I never received a download code, but I just downloaded it on soulseek. I already paid for the record, no use in buying it a second time just for the digital files. I've read that a lot of labels/bands are doing away with download codes since few people seem to redeem them. I don't run a label so I can't attest if that's true, but I definitely use my codes whenever I have them.

https://slowcrush.bigcartel.com/product/rainbow-splatter-vinyl-on-transparent-sky-blue

I don't need a second copy but this variant has me wanting a second copy

"Rainbow splatter vinyl on transparent sky blue

5th press on our new labels Church Road records and Quiet Panic records.
New spotgloss sleeves, new logo on spine, new labels, different insert.

Limited to 500"

14 hours ago, N8TRU said:

https://slowcrush.bigcartel.com/product/rainbow-splatter-vinyl-on-transparent-sky-blue

I don't need a second copy but this variant has me wanting a second copy

"Rainbow splatter vinyl on transparent sky blue

5th press on our new labels Church Road records and Quiet Panic records.
New spotgloss sleeves, new logo on spine, new labels, different insert.

Limited to 500"

that looks exactly like the 1st press of "Wake/Lift" by Rosetta haha.  Rainbow on coke bottle. 

edit:  not available on either Church Road or QP websites

Edited by Gumbo72203