18 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Anybody seeing any actual movement from Quiet Panic copies? Mine is still stuck in "label printed" (since the 13th) and I emailed them on the 20th with no response.

No movement. Mine was on the 14th. I'm used to labels and stores doing this so much that I stopped paying attention.

3 minutes ago, swisherprice said:

I received my copy of the "Trapped Black in Sea Blue" on Friday.

His mention of Zia suggests that he may be more interested in retail copies, but yeah: if mail orders are only starting to trickle in as of last week, I do imagine retailers won’t be far behind.  My pre-order just shows “label printed, awaiting item” in MA since the 13th.  The frozen updates and questionable wait times are basically the norm for my orders en route these days. 👍 Sucks, because just a month or so ago I feel like I was having really good luck with my shipment times and updates.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:03 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Anybody seeing any actual movement from Quiet Panic copies? Mine is still stuck in "label printed" (since the 13th) and I emailed them on the 20th with no response.

Mine magically got to Philly on 1/26 with no prior tracking history. It's out for delivery today.

Just now, Derek™ said:

Jealous of this lineup.  More-so about the Mono-Mogwai back to back, but still.  That should be a blast.

yeah it's gonna be a haul haha.  Mono is playing this *TINY* awesome place in Portsmouth, NH called the 3S Artspace.  It'll be like having them in my house.  And then Mogwai at the Paradise which will be awesome, and Slow Crush at some other place in Boston.  Can't wait. 

11 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

my girlfriend bought me everything from their Hello Merch store for my birthday lol.  All the albums.  I can't wait. 

Seeing them in Boston too!  It will be quite a 3-day run for us:  Mono thursday, Mogwai friday, Slow Crush saturday. 

Damn that’s a great run of shows, I’m sure your ears will be ringing for a good while after that. 

12 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Damn that’s a great run of shows, I’m sure your ears will be ringing for a good while after that. 

that's why we have ear protection ;)

But even with them, when we first saw Mono and they broke into the wah pedal + overdrive boost peaks of Com? and such, the treble was still SO ridiculous.  So ridiculous.  I can't imagine anybody who didn't have protection getting out of there without damage. 

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

my girlfriend bought me everything from their Hello Merch store for my birthday lol.  All the albums.  I can't wait. 

Seeing them in Boston too!  It will be quite a 3-day run for us:  Mono thursday, Mogwai friday, Slow Crush saturday. 

I'll be at both Mogwai and Slow Crush in Boston/Cambridge. I'm surprised that Mogwai show hasn't sold out yet, but then again we're still in a pandemic. I'm kinda bummed Slow Crush is playing at Sonia, which is owned by the Middle East. The owners of that establishment are sketch. 

Debating going to one of the Mono dates. I've seen them more times than I can count. I should probably  go

Edited by prowl20

17 hours ago, prowl20 said:

I'll be at both Mogwai and Slow Crush in Boston/Cambridge. I'm surprised that Mogwai show hasn't sold out yet, but then again we're still in a pandemic. I'm kinda bummed Slow Crush is playing at Sonia, which is owned by the Middle East. The owners of that establishment are sketch. 

Debating going to one of the Mono dates. I've seen them more times than I can count. I should probably  go

word we'll have to link up and say hey!

Trying to decide where to stay after Mogwai; we're crashing with friends in NH after Mono, and then driving down friday, but it's 90 mins, and not sure if that's the most practical decision to go back up there and stay and then come back again for Slow Crush saturday lol. 

• 1 month later...

been spinning them in my car all week.  Aurora is a fucking titan.  Holy cow this album.  Hush is good too, but it's different.  The title makes a lot of sense, it's a lot more subdued than Aurora is, which is cool, but I'm not sure I want not-rocking from Slow Crush to be their main delivery style.  Gonna keep giving it time because it's obviously not bad, I just really like the in-your-face energy of Aurora. 

33 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

been spinning them in my car all week.  Aurora is a fucking titan.  Holy cow this album.  Hush is good too, but it's different.  The title makes a lot of sense, it's a lot more subdued than Aurora is, which is cool, but I'm not sure I want not-rocking from Slow Crush to be their main delivery style.  Gonna keep giving it time because it's obviously not bad, I just really like the in-your-face energy of Aurora. 

Hearing it in a live setting (hush that is) gives a better idea of the atmosphere 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw them live two days ago, they were amazing. Set was super tight and very loud, plus they had a very cool light show that really added to the dreamlike nature of some of the songs. 

My gf hadn’t heard the band and was raving about it afterwards. Slowly she’s getting into shoegaze lol

They were running out of merch by this point of the tour and I couldn’t get a tee in my size which was a bummer. Also they could only take cash or PayPal, I’d been so accustomed in these past few years to not have to fret about taking cash to shows anymore that it surprised me. I guess you can’t use a square reader if you’re not from the US? I might be wrong about that though. 

10 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Saw them live two days ago, they were amazing. Set was super tight and very loud, plus they had a very cool light show that really added to the dreamlike nature of some of the songs. 

My gf hadn’t heard the band and was raving about it afterwards. Slowly she’s getting into shoegaze lol

They were running out of merch by this point of the tour and I couldn’t get a tee in my size which was a bummer. Also they could only take cash or PayPal, I’d been so accustomed in these past few years to not have to fret about taking cash to shows anymore that it surprised me. I guess you can’t use a square reader if you’re not from the US? I might be wrong about that though. 

They always have a sumup card reader with them over here (belgium, europe) but i guess it doesn’t function in the us. 

you can always buy merch from there hellomerch store. It’s the usa one so local shipping. 

if you have other questions for them i’d be happy to pass them to them

4 hours ago, gazzo said:

They always have a sumup card reader with them over here (belgium, europe) but i guess it doesn’t function in the us. 

you can always buy merch from there hellomerch store. It’s the usa one so local shipping. 

if you have other questions for them i’d be happy to pass them to them

Yeah I’d bought Aurora from their merchstore, thanks for the help!