Holy Roar is gonna release a Deluxe version of the Long sold out Ease EP in September.

PREORDERS are gonna go live tomorrow, but tonight a remastered version of Dizzy is premiering on BBC Radio1

67388686_728412417593835_702065407434109

Dizzy is one of my favourite tracks and the deluxe version of the ep is gonna be ace.

will post links tomorrow

preorders are live

http://www.holyroarrecords.com/products/648184-slow-crush-ease-deluxe-edition-preorder

cornetto_colour.jpg

Subscriber.jpg

green.jpg

Holy Roar are delighted to announce the reissue of the EP that marked the bands humblest of beginnings.

Every once in awhile in the hazy quagmire of bands with releases that fall a little bit short of exceptional, one will come along and take your breath away. ‘Ease’, the debut EP by Belgian shoegazers Slow Crush, did just that.

Before Slow Crush’s debut album ‘Aurora’ and the relentless touring schedule that ensued (including a US tour, festival appearances and a headline UK tour), ‘Ease’ served as an introduction for their blend of ethereal and infectious dream pop-meets-shoegaze. Songs such as ‘Sway’ and ‘Linger’ masterfully nod to greats such as My Bloody Valentine and Ride, whilst bringing a refined and contemporary alternative rock sensibility to their sound. This deft approach at blending the cacophonous with the otherworldly set Slow Crush apart from their contemporaries as more than just students of the shoegaze revival, with this reissue hammering home that fact.

Accompanying the EP is four fan favourites taken from ‘Aurora’ and an alternative version of ‘Sway’, recorded at ABC studios courtesy of ‘Part Time Punks Sessions’ during the bands US tour. Within two years of the band’s formation, this collection of early material will no doubt go down as a vibrant document of an exceptional band in their infancy.

Shipping on or around 25th October.

Pressing Information

1000 x spot gloss vinyl LP 
100 x green and purple butterfly effect w/ silver splatters (platinum subscribers) 
200 x green and purple butterfly effect (subscribers) 
300 x Blue/purple swirl (Holy Roar exclusive) 
400 x Green

Wow. A little steep price wise...

26 minutes ago, ethereal said:

these subscriber-only variants are such bullshit. holy roar is easily becoming one of the shittiest labels on earth. 

Don't know if I'd go quite that far, but it certainly is annoying. Maybe not quite as annoying as the price they're charging for an EP and a couple songs off the album.

11 hours ago, ethereal said:

these subscriber-only variants are such bullshit. holy roar is easily becoming one of the shittiest labels on earth. 

I'm not that much of a fan of this label anymore. I subscribed to get the Holy Fawn record, paid for two months of stuff I didn't give a shit about, and then my HF record got "lost". So, I paid three months for two fucking records and never got the one I really wanted. That's shitty service.

6 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I'm not that much of a fan of this label anymore. I subscribed to get the Holy Fawn record, paid for two months of stuff I didn't give a shit about, and then my HF record got "lost". So, I paid three months for two fucking records and never got the one I really wanted. That's shitty service.

Did you email them? I've been on the subscription for a couple of years and a couple of times I got the wrong record, or one time I didn't get a record and they always sorted it out. 

8 hours ago, Asphyz said:

Did you email them? I've been on the subscription for a couple of years and a couple of times I got the wrong record, or one time I didn't get a record and they always sorted it out. 

Of course I did. They said they didn't have any more, which I find hard to believe, but I just asked for a refund. They refused and instead offered to send me a copy of the common variant that I already had. This went on for a few emails and they kept refusing to refund me when I got nothing. That's how it was sorted out, which is pretty damn lame.

31 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Of course I did. They said they didn't have any more, which I find hard to believe, but I just asked for a refund. They refused and instead offered to send me a copy of the common variant that I already had. This went on for a few emails and they kept refusing to refund me when I got nothing. That's how it was sorted out, which is pretty damn lame.

Big yikes.

50 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

that's so weird, not at all their usual way of working

10 minutes ago, gazzo said:

that's so weird, not at all their usual way of working

Sam was very "nice" about it all, but in the end those are the facts. I just thought that was a crappy way to handle this situation and it is still bugging me to this day. If they had handled it differently, I would probably still be giving them my money for the sub. Not anymore. Anyway, don't want to further derail this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...